emkay9
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

hoping to do this trip next year .Does anyone have any tips or advice as to best time to go and excursions available ..

Hope to hear from you soon .

Mary

:)

lesley07
(Member)
'emkay9' wrote:

Hi

hoping to do this trip next year .Does anyone have any tips or advice as to best time to go and excursions available ..

Mary

Hi

I did this trip in mid September 2011. The weather was good-not too hot. Enjoyed the boat trip in San Fran and riding the trolley car was an experience. The highlight for me was the trip over the Grand Canyon. I did the plane trip. Las Vegas was interesting but not really my scene-would have preferred longer in San Fran or Palm Springs.

Overall it was a great trip and I am sure you will enjoy it whenever you decide to go.

Have also done China trip-wonderful-and am going to India in four weeks time!

Lesley

sookie222
(Member)
Hi Mary, I've booked this tour for April 2013 - my first holiday with Just You! I was told that I would receive details in January of all available excursions but I understand there will probably be a Palm Springs Tour, Universal Studios, Las Vegas Show and a few options around the Grand Canyon area. Also heard from someone that Alcatraz might be on the list this year during the San Francisco stay but not confirmed. Can't wait for the excursion list to arrive in January!! Sue
emkay9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sookie222' wrote:

Hi Mary, I've booked this tour for April 2013 - my first holiday with Just You! I was told that I would receive details in January of all available excursions but I understand there will probably be a Palm Springs Tour, Universal Studios, Las Vegas Show and a few options around the Grand Canyon area. Also heard from someone that Alcatraz might be on the list this year during the San Francisco stay but not confirmed. Can't wait for the excursion list to arrive in January!! Sue

thanks for the reply Sue it all seems very exciting... cant decide when to go though .. hopefully Alcatraz is on the cards because that is something i would like to see. Hope you have a great trip

Mary

emkay9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

'emkay9' wrote:

Hi

Mary

Hi

I did this trip in mid September 2011. The weather was good-not too hot. Enjoyed the boat trip in San Fran and riding the trolley car was an experience. The highlight for me was the trip over the Grand Canyon. I did the plane trip. Las Vegas was interesting but not really my scene-would have preferred longer in San Fran or Palm Springs.

Overall it was a great trip and I am sure you will enjoy it whenever you decide to go.

Have also done China trip-wonderful-and am going to India in four weeks time!

Lesley

Thanks for the reply Leslie I am sure i shall book soon ,

deewhite02
(Member)
'sookie222' wrote:

Hi Sue,Just booked this trip.I'm from Brum, staying at the Travel lodge overnight.Look forward to meeting you

deewhite02
(Member)
Hi,anyone on the American Golden West travelling from Brum.I'm going 15th April 13.Staying at the Travel lodge night before
Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I am going on trhis trip in April, going from Manchester to Heathrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone on this trip, my first time with JY.
brownowl
(Member)
Hi, I did this tour in September 2012, and it as absolutely fantastic. Las Vegas was awesome, but not really my cup of tea - described as Blackpool on speed! I am so glad I have been though. Grand Canyon was fantastic. My fave places were Palm Springs and San Francisco. I went to Alcatraz independently, which I pre-booked before I went, which was also fantastic. Universal Studios was also manic - depends what you like (I wish I hadn't bothered with that). It is a very busy holiday, you see so much and the guide was brilliant. I would thoroughly recommend this tour. Enjoy. Xx
breadcrumb
(Member)
Im going on the April 15th trip too.:thumbup:

Im travelling from Brum also.I properly be getting the coach straight to the airport and check in without an overnight stay.

Great to hear of so many on this trip on here before we meet up.:cool:

Sharon.x

sookie222
(Member)
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone is flying from Newcastle on the 14th and staying overnight. I'm staying at the Comfort Hotel. I'll put a Just You travel tag on my handbag just in case any other traveller happens to be in the bar 🙂. Not long now before it's 2013, then we're on the countdown!! Sue
sheilamish
(Member)
Hi

Did this trip in September and loved it, if you want to go to alcatraz book it in advance as you wont be able to book it when you are there.

If you go, have a lovely time.

deewhite02
(Member)
'breadcrumb' wrote:

Im going on the April 15th trip too.:thumbup:

Im travelling from Brum also.I properly be getting the coach straight to the airport and check in without an overnight stay.

Great to hear of so many on this trip on here before we meet up.:cool:

Sharon.x

I worry so that there will be an accident on the motorway,so hence the travel lodge

philc2104
(Member)
I did the trip mid September and it was fantastic. It was my first singles holiday and first with JY. Everything is very good, only thing i'd say is the rat pack excursion in vegas is not full value for money in my opinion, although the meal before the show was very good. You will have the benefit of an extra day in San Francisco that we didn't have. Universal Studios is a must but ideally you do need all day.

People have mentioned getting to Heathrow. I travelled down the day before from Shropshire on the train. Go via Reading as it's much cheaper and much easier. If looking for an overnight hotel use one that has a National Express hoppa stop. I used the Comfort inn.

Hope this helps.

breadcrumb
(Member)
Good point on this with worry on an accident or delay,so its something I might consider myself at a later date.

Sharon.x