rosehoward
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
No-one seems to mention this trip which I have booked.

Hope I am not the only one travelling on it!! Also would love to hear from any traveller who has done it in the past and can give some tips.

patricebry
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I have done the Parks & Canyons trip and I enjoyed it so much I did it twice! Wonderful experience! The highlights for me apart from the obvious (Grand Canyon and Vegas) were the meal at Rustlers Rooste in Phoenix - the jeep ride in Sedona and some of us went horseriding in the Bryce Canyon. It was all really good though - Zion National Park and Kanab - it's my favourite of the US holidays I've had.

The weather should be just right in October too. Hot in Scottsdale and Vegas, cooler in Flagstaff and Kanab.

Enjoy ! I envy you.

Cheers, Pat

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not everyone uses the forum, normally get 3 or 4 per hol but I've done trips when nobody as posted yet they have been fully booked. JY don't run with small numbers so there will be plenty of you.

I did this holiday last year its good fun, highlights of course are Vegas, Grand Canyon and jeep ride in sedonna. Bryce & Zion are awesome sights.

Also for me been into westerns the visit to Kanab (little hollywood), Rustlers roost (phoenix meal) and Scottsdale old town were good.

Part i wasn't keen on was city tour of Phoenix, just another big city, nothing special in my opinion.

One tip, take something warm for night time in Flgstaff, gets cool because its at altitude.

Mick

Hayles
  • (Member)
(Member)

hey there,

i did this trip last october and its lovely. bring some walking footwear if u like that kind of thing as u can do a bit of the trails in the parks. bring a few layers in ur hand luggage each day as the temperatures change especially in flagstaff where it was nippy in the mornings. and lastly enjoy it!

hope u have a fab time..,.. im sure u will

hayley 🙂

rosehoward
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your replies and tips re clothes. It sounds as though you all had a great trip so I am looking forward to mine.

Hopefully there are some people booked onto it.

How did you/others spend the last day or two in Las Vegas

DonegalLiz
(Member)
'rosehoward' wrote:

No-one seems to mention this trip which I have booked.

Hope I am not the only one travelling on it!! Also would love to hear from any traveller who has done it in the past and can give some tips.

Hi Rose,

No you aren't the only one. I'm going and have posted a couple of times and have found at least two others who are also booked. As I'm travelling from Ireland I will be staying near Heathrow the night before we fly out, if you or any others are doing the same it would be a great chance to meet up beforehand if anyone is interested?

It won't be long now and I'm quite excited about the trip and my first JY holiday.

Best wishes and I'm looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Liz

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Rose,

In Vegas there is an included night tour which takes up one night, the roof display on Freemont street is amazing plus it also includes the Bellagio dancing fountains, that takes one night.

The other night we did the Rat Pack show which is good fun even if not your scene, also included meal.

There is also a included a city daytime tour which takes you around many of the theme hotels.

Rest of time can always have a flutter and maybe a few cocktails or whatever you fancy.

Mick

rosehoward
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Liz but I see that you are going on the September trip - I am booked for Oct 9th. Hopefully SOMEONE will be going the same date as me!

Enjoy your holiday and please post a report when you return and let me and others know how you enjoyed it. regards Rose