KJohnson23
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi all :)

Another nervous newbie joins today and have decided at this last minute to just take the plunge and go on either the China Wonders or Vietnam holiday for Christmas. ! Why not go for the long haul..... 🙂

Both of the tours look really amazing, so I wondered if anyone might have done either at the same time(ish) of the year and any advice on which might be the better one for Christmas. I'll save the other one for my next biggie birthday, so don't mind which one I do first.

I am taking my first holiday alone for quite a few years and I'm a bit shy, but really looking forward to a new chapter in life and meeting travellers that sound so positive and friendly from all of the threads.

Thanks for all of your thoughts

Kath

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kath, hope you have a fantastic hol whichever you choose, both are on my list but not just yet - I'm going to do the Vietnam one first, as I want to do the Cambodia add-on, which JY have added for the first time and just in case it disappears from future brochures!! I'd say Vietnam would be the more pleasant one to do at Christmas as the weather should be good, whereas China would be very cold at that time!

All the best,

Bob

Hev
  • (Member)
(Member)
'KJohnson23' wrote:

Hi all :)

Another nervous newbie joins today and have decided at this last minute to just take the plunge and go on either the China Wonders or Vietnam holiday for Christmas. ! Why not go for the long haul..... 🙂

Both of the tours look really amazing, so I wondered if anyone might have done either at the same time(ish) of the year and any advice on which might be the better one for Christmas. I'll save the other one for my next biggie birthday, so don't mind which one I do first.

I am taking my first holiday alone for quite a few years and I'm a bit shy, but really looking forward to a new chapter in life and meeting travellers that sound so positive and friendly from all of the threads.

Thanks for all of your thoughts

Kath

Hi

I have just been to China and is was great. It was getting cold even when i was there and that was just last week. If you do decide on China you will need a visa and this can take four weeks but mine only took two so if you are looking at Christmas time you will have to sort it quickly. It will be worth it.

Heather

KJohnson23
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

Thanks to both of you for your advice.

Guess who's going to be in the queue at the Vietnam Embassy tomorrow for the fast track visa ;)

It was the weather that swung it for me I think, but China is next.

Sooooo excited and what a way to spend Christmas.

Have fab holidays yourself and all the best

Cheers

Kath

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Delighted to hear it, be sure to post a Testamonial when you get back! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and a great Christmas!

Cheers,

Bob