Sue44
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking f booking the Leeds Discovery Weekend next year, this would be my first holiday on my own. It would be great to hear from anyone that has done this weekend, or even better if there is anyone actually booked to on it.
Lavender
(Member)
No not booked but might book later to get to know people as not booked a JY holiday yet
Lavender
(Member)
Hi Sue, I live in Leeds and have not booked a holiday with JY yet. I might book nearer the time so I can com along and get to know people.
Lavender
(Member)
Hi Sue, I have not booked on this as I live in Leeds but I may book nearer the time so I can come along and meet people. Still trying to pluck up courage to book a holiday.

Good luck

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Sue

Do not keep thinking about booking this weekend. Do it now!!. These weekends fill up quite quickly.

I did this particular weekend in August and it was brilliant. A fun packed time with a super excursion to York. The hotel is superb, good entertainment with disco music to suit all tastes. The one tip that I would give you is that if you are travelling a fair way I would recommend that you go by train. The hotel is attached to the station and the entrance is a very short walk away.

I do not need to wish you good luck on this holiday because it is so good.

Just go and ENJOY

Best wishes

Peter

Terrifo
(Member)
Hello Sue

Not going to Leeds. But I have been to Swindon last weekend. It was an excellent hotel. Min our Just You rep was first class and made sure that we all enjoyed our experience.

There were so many people that like me it was a dip a toe in the water. On the back of the weekend I have booked to go away for Christmas. Go for it and enjoy

Sue44
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lavender' wrote:

Hi Sue, I have not booked on this as I live in Leeds but I may book nearer the time so I can come along and meet people. Still trying to pluck up courage to book a holiday.

Good luck

Thank you for replying, I to is trying to pluck up the courage to book a holiday on my own. I live in Bham so if I do go to Leeds I would probably travel by train. From what others have said these weekends book up quickly so I think we need to book sooner rather than later. My fear now is my age, I am 44 and know that I would be one of the youngest, I just don1t know what to do.

marinam
(Member)
'Sue44' wrote:

I am thinking f booking the Leeds Discovery Weekend next year, this would be my first holiday on my own. It would be great to hear from anyone that has done this weekend, or even better if there is anyone actually booked to on it.

Hi Sue, I am thinking of booking this weekend as it is not to far away from were I live.This is the first time I will be travelling on my own. I was thinking of booking the AI holiday in Turkey, but would like to go on one of the weekends first just to see what it was like and maybe meet some one who is booking the same holiday

Sue44
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marinam' wrote:

'Sue44' wrote:

Hi Sue, I am thinking of booking this weekend as it is not to far away from were I live.This is the first time I will be travelling on my own. I was thinking of booking the AI holiday in Turkey, but would like to go on one of the weekends first just to see what it was like and maybe meet some one who is booking the same holiday

Hi there, I agree it would be good to meet people who are on there own.

H

Cazzalog
(Member)
Hi Sue - I have just booked the Leeds weekend! I missed it last year taking too long to build up the courage! Hope you decide to go! Carole 🙂
Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sue44' wrote:

'Lavender' wrote:

Good luck

Thank you for replying, I to is trying to pluck up the courage to book a holiday on my own. I live in Bham so if I do go to Leeds I would probably travel by train. From what others have said these weekends book up quickly so I think we need to book sooner rather than later. My fear now is my age, I am 44 and know that I would be one of the youngest, I just don1t know what to do.

Hi, I have finally logged on after looking. I am also wondering about the age ranges. I am 42 and from the midlands. There's 2 of us similar ages but wonder about others??

Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi. I have been wondering about the same thing...what types of ages eople will be, as I am 42. At least a couple of use around same age :o) Not sure with others though???
Sue44
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Cazzalog' wrote:

Hi Sue - I have just booked the Leeds weekend! I missed it last year taking too long to build up the courage! Hope you decide to go! Carole :-)

Sue44
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lain' wrote:

Hi. I have been wondering about the same thing...what types of ages eople will be, as I am 42. At least a couple of use around same age :o) Not sure with others though???

[/quo

Hi, I know there is another lady who is 53 going. Where about in the Midlands are you from? Look forward to meeting you

lindyloo
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I am thinking about booking this weekend just a little scared as its my first time.

I am 53 and live in Basildon Essex.

Linda