debisheffield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just come back from the most amazing trip to China....would recommend it to anyone....it's very full on (early starts) but every minute is wonderful :)

But here is one tip I've picked up that I think is worth passing on: If you're planning to change sterling into Yuan over there, which is very easy and very cost effective (higher rate of exchange over there) make sure you take notes in perfect condition. If there is even a tiny tear some places refuse to change it. So freshly printed notes are a safe bet!

And enjoy...............as my lot could tell you, I did and took over 2000 photos to prove it!

Debi

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the tip, i'm hoping to do the china trip next year!
skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Looks like I will need to buy more memory cards for my camera then
sue55
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi great to hear you had such a wonderful time thanks for the tip, I am going in september really looking forward to it, sounds like I will need a bigger memory card for the camera.
debisheffield
(Member) (Topic Starter)
yes, if in doubt take extra memory with you . I leant a spare card to one fellow traveller and I know another managed to buy a new card at the Terracotta Warrior museum, but that was 2/3 the way through. It really is the trip of a lifetime and worth taking as many photos as you want.

Plus be prepared to come back with lots of souvenirs πŸ™‚ not expensive and oh so tempting πŸ™‚

Enjoy πŸ™‚

LynP
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debisheffield! Thanks so much for that tip. I'm off to China very soon and really looking forward to it. Is it better to have lower denomination notes e.g. Β£20,are Β£50 acceptable?. Glad you had a great hol. Lyn