meandthedog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
😕 Ooooh-er - I've done it now! I've taken the plunge and booked a holiday on my own. Anyone else on here going to Andalucia on May 24th? Especially if they are travelling from Stansted. I'd love you to get in touch so I won't feel such a 'newby' on the day. Hope to hear from someone soon!
denisem
(Member)
'meandthedog' wrote:

:-/ Ooooh-er - I've done it now! I've taken the plunge and booked a holiday on my own. Anyone else on here going to Andalucia on May 24th? Especially if they are travelling from Stansted. I'd love you to get in touch so I won't feel such a 'newby' on the day. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Hi "meandthedog", I have booked for Costa de la Luz on 24th May also but I'm not travelling from Stansted - Birmingham. So we'll meet at our destination - don't worry, I feel the same although I have done this twice before, once to Tuscany many years ago and again in 2006 to Sicily. I'm sure you'll have a great time, we all will. Look forward to meeting you - how will I recognise you?!

Take care,

Denise (denisem)

meandthedog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'denisem' wrote:

'meandthedog' wrote:

:-/ Ooooh-er - I've done it now! I've taken the plunge and booked a holiday on my own. Anyone else on here going to Andalucia on May 24th? Especially if they are travelling from Stansted. I'd love you to get in touch so I won't feel such a 'newby' on the day. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Hi "meandthedog", I have booked for Costa de la Luz on 24th May also but I'm not travelling from Stansted - Birmingham. So we'll meet at our destination - don't worry, I feel the same although I have done this twice before, once to Tuscany many years ago and again in 2006 to Sicily. I'm sure you'll have a great time, we all will. Look forward to meeting you - how will I recognise you?!

Take care,

Denise (denisem)

Hi there, thanks for your reply, sorry I took so long to answer yours but I've not had chance to get on my PC!. I am tall 5'10" female, and wear glasses but will (hopefully) have sunnies on, I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling apprehensive, but as you've done it twice before it obviously hasn't put you off! I'm 55. Look forward to meeting you. I won't feel quite so lost now!

meandthedog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'denisem' wrote:

'meandthedog' wrote:

Take care,

Denise (denisem)

PS I forgot to tell you my name - it's Chris.

simplyred
(Member)
[Hi there - I'm going to Punta Umbria on May 24th and travelling from Stansted so look forward to seeing you there! I've been on several JY holidays and they're really good fun so don't worry.

Jane

meandthedog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'simplyred' wrote:

[Hi there - I'm going to Punta Umbria on May 24th and travelling from Stansted so look forward to seeing you there! I've been on several JY holidays and they're really good fun so don't worry.

Jane

Hi Jane - now I'm going to sound really dim, but where's Punta Umbria? I'll look out for you at Stansted anyway - what time is your flight? My name's Chris (female) by the way. Everyone I've chatted to on this site seems nice so I'm happier about going on my own now. Cheers, Chris

simplyred
(Member)
'meandthedog' wrote:

'simplyred' wrote:

Jane

Hi Jane - now I'm going to sound really dim, but where's Punta Umbria? I'll look out for you at Stansted anyway - what time is your flight? My name's Chris (female) by the way. Everyone I've chatted to on this site seems nice so I'm happier about going on my own now. Cheers, Chris

My flight is 13:00 - I asume we're on the same one. Punta Umbria is in Spain but just over the Portugeuse border and the coastline is supposed to be beautiful & unspolilt with large wildlife areas. I'm looking forward to the visit to Seveille. Best wishes, Jane

meandthedog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'simplyred' wrote:

'meandthedog' wrote:

'simplyred' wrote:

Jane

My flight is 13:00 - I asume we're on the same one. Punta Umbria is in Spain but just over the Portugeuse border and the coastline is supposed to be beautiful & unspolilt with large wildlife areas. I'm looking forward to the visit to Seveille. Best wishes, Jane

Hi there, sorry for the long delay in replying, but I've been so busy I've not had chance to log on. Yes, I guess we will be on the same flight. I'll look out for you - how will I recognise YOU? Should we arrange to meet somewhere at Stansted? I look forward to your reply - I'll try to check the messages a bit more often. Cheers Chris PS it's less than a month now......

lornab
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Is there anyone travelling from Gatwick on the 24th May. Please get in touch and we could meet up at the airport. Am really looking forward to this holiday and its not long to go now.

Best wishes

Lorna