anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there,

Has anyone done this tour before? Would be grateful if you could advise re weather, clothes required for this (almost) 3 week break and your thoughts on the holiday in general

pbeaney
(Member)
'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

Hi there,

Has anyone done this tour before? Would be grateful if you could advise re weather, clothes required for this (almost) 3 week break and your thoughts on the holiday in general

hi, l have been to the rockies before and it was great you need to take thin layers then you have a joice,it should no tbe too cold, but as for the cruise l am looking forward to this, so you would need same clothes for daytime but evenng on a cruise is a bit different. but it should be great, going same time as you . take care, pauline

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have never done this tour, but I have been to the Rockies and also have done an Alaskan cruise. I did the cruise in August and can tell you that even then the weather was nippy! Take plenty of layers, a hat and gloves for when you are up on deck looking at the glaciers. And, actually, I think that is the key to your clothes......layers! The rockies will still be pretty warm at the beginning of September but it may well be cooling down in the evenings. Day time temperatures could still be anything from 22 to 30C.

I hope this helps a bit..........just do what I always do and pack the kitchen sink!!

Jools

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
By the way, Vancouver will certainly still be pretty warm at that time of year. I know it well.......my daughter lives there. Last time I was there in early September I started the day with a sweater on but by late morning was hot. Like I say........layers!
anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)

hi, l have been to the rockies before and it was great you need to take thin layers then you have a joice,it should no tbe too cold, but as for the cruise l am looking forward to this, so you would need same clothes for daytime but evenng on a cruise is a bit different. but it should be great, going same time as you . take care, pauline

Hi Pauline,

Many thanks for this - I looked up google and got the answer that you've given me, so hopefully I'll get it right! Am really looking forward to it - everyone I've spoken to has done nothing but praise the Alaska cruise, so that's also reassuring. Where are you going to be travelling from? I'll be getting a flight from Edinburgh to London and then picking up with everyone from there. Also doing the Halkidiki holiday in May and looking forward to that one too. Have you done any hols with JY before?

Take care

Anne

anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jools, Many thanks for this and will certainly take your advice about layers etc - I, too, tend to take the kitchen sink when I go on holiday, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do!!!!

Take care

Anne

Hi

I have never done this tour, but I have been to the Rockies and also have done an Alaskan cruise. I did the cruise in August and can tell you that even then the weather was nippy! Take plenty of layers, a hat and gloves for when you are up on deck looking at the glaciers. And, actually, I think that is the key to your clothes......layers! The rockies will still be pretty warm at the beginning of September but it may well be cooling down in the evenings. Day time temperatures could still be anything from 22 to 30C.

I hope this helps a bit..........just do what I always do and pack the kitchen sink!!

Jools

pbeaney
(Member)

Hi Pauline,

Many thanks for this - I looked up google and got the answer that you've given me, so hopefully I'll get it right! Am really looking forward to it - everyone I've spoken to has done nothing but praise the Alaska cruise, so that's also reassuring. Where are you going to be travelling from? I'll be getting a flight from Edinburgh to London and then picking up with everyone from there. Also doing the Halkidiki holiday in May and looking forward to that one too. Have you done any hols with JY before?

Take care

Anne

hi annie, l have done two other holidays with jy and they were both excellent, nice people, great company, l am only booked for canada at the moment, but looking forward to it, there are 17 of us at the moment and 8 going on to the cruise,l am flying from heathrow, not my favourite airport but have not choice, perhaps we can meet at check in, talk to you later, take care pauline,,

anniethenitnurse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pbeaney' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

Take care

Anne

hi annie, l have done two other holidays with jy and they were both excellent, nice people, great company, l am only booked for canada at the moment, but looking forward to it, there are 17 of us at the moment and 8 going on to the cruise,l am flying from heathrow, not my favourite airport but have not choice, perhaps we can meet at check in, talk to you later, take care pauline,,

Hi Pauline, Good to hear from you! It would be good tomeet up with you at check in - my flight from Edinburgh gets me to Heathrow about 10.30. Will certainly catch up with you before then. Take care, Annie