Mar
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've booked the Wonder of China trip, leaving on 24 Sept, and as it seems with most first time JY travellers, am feeling a bit nervous about my first single holiday.

Just wanted to post a note and see if anyone else out there is doing the same trip, or has done it and can offer any advice/valuable tips for the trip.

Cheers,

Mar

Kevinh
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mar

I'm on the trip and it's also my first alone. Just organising my photo for the visa etc. I signed on to place a message to find fellow travellers and find you have beaten me to it :-)

Thought it would be good to say hello to a few people before that dreaded moment of confusion at the airport.

I've never done a trip like this before so can't answer your questions but if anyone else joins the discussion I have one of my own, whether anyone has any thoughts on how much money to take with them, whether there are limits in China and in what form / currency.

Regards

Kevin

Kevinh
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ok would help if I had searched a little more, the answer regarding money is on the message board under 'meet the tour reps' duh! Oh well I know now. Still anyone else doing the trip do say hello

Kevin

DeniseW
(Member)
Hi there,

I'm going on the 24th Sept trip to China. I was also supposed to be doing the panda 'add on', but understandably it's been cancelled. Hopefully Beijing will still have some of the olympic atmosphere.

Really looking forward to it, and it's also my first time too.

Rosie01
(Member)
Hello,

I hae booked on the China Tour in September and it is my first 'single' trip. A little apprehensive but also very excited. Have no clue what to expect, how scary is that! Any advice would be welcome.....

Rose

Mar
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Fab to hear from you guys, and seems we're all in the same boat with it being our first trip as single travellers.

I was supposed to be doing the Panda Add-on aswell, and was gutted when I found it was cancelled. Was speaking to one of the agents recently though and they advised that the pandas have been moved somewhere nearby where the tour will pass so there may be a chance we'll still get to swing in by and see them in a natural habitat - I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Looking forward to meeting youz - only 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Mar