PennyK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked this holiday, flying from Bristol on 19th June. This will be my first solo holiday so would like to make contact others on the trip. Is there anybody out there that has also booked on this?

Penny

maureenk
(Member)
I am booking this holiday for September and would be very interested to hear your views as I am a first time solo traveller.

Maureen Kelly

Neil S
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI EVERYONE,

I am going to Lake Garda on the 11th of Sept from Manchester, my first time with jy and would like anyone going on this trip to get in touch, and then we could look out for each other at the airport.

Neil Smith

ValMac
  • (Member)
(Member)
There seem to be lots of post about Lake Garda - but no-one seems to be flying from Bristol on 18 Sept - hope I'm not the only one there !

Its my 1st hol. on my own and am trying to block out the fact that I've booked it !

If anyone is flying out from Bristol it wld be good to hear from you

Val

sue w
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

Just booked my first holiday alone. going to Magnificent Lake Garda. 7th October 08 London Gatwick. Would love to hear from all who have already travelled their. Would also be great to here from all who will be travelling the same flight or date. I understand October is rated as the best month to visit. Really looking forward to being a true grown up and traveling alone.

My Children will worry like mad (when I tell them) due to this being my first solo trip.

Sue W.

rwhite
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue, my name is Roslyn. I like you am a first timer travelling to Lake Garda on 7th October, however, I will be flying from Edinburgh. It would be good to have someone to say hello to when I arrive in Italy.
s webber
(Member)
Hi Roslyn

Thank you for your reply. Yes it will be nice to meet up at the airport in Italy. Really looking forward to the holiday. Still seems a long way off though.

Regards

Sue w

rwhite
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hopefully the time will fly. Looking forward to visiting Venice and Verona. See you in October.

Roslyn

rosysmith
(Member)
HI Sue W

I went on this trip in May as a first time single traveller and had an amazing holiday. I was a bit apprehensive but found that the majority of the group (around 45 of us) were very friendly and at no point during the holiday did I feel lonely or left out. The Hotel Adria is a small very friendly hotel and Erminio, the owner and all of his staff went out of their way to make the holiday really enjoyable. (only one very small grouse the rooms although spotlessly clean with a good power shower and hot water all day were quite basic, but I spent very little time in the room anyway). I hope you have as good a holiday as I did, I only wish I were going with you.

Rose S

s webber
(Member)
hi RoseyS

thank you for your reply. Good to here your review of Lake Garda. As I am travelling in October not sure what type of clothes to pack. Any ideas?.

If any other fellow travellers read this message please do get in touch. It would be nice to meet up at the airport - Gatwick north.

regards

sue webber

rosysmith
(Member)
hi Sue,

I went to Lake Garda in May and the weather was a mixture of sitting by the pool or torrential rain, but even in the rain it wasn't really cold. (In Venice we had a thunderstorm but managed to buy waterproofs for five euros. I found t shirts and skirts with a light cardigan were ok for day wear, but I did like to dress up for dinner.

Rose S