suzyq51
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, my name is sue, aged 58 and I am considering going on the discovery weekend to Hampshire in October. I have never done this type of thing before and would love to chat to some people who may also be considering attending the above! I have decided that life is too short now to sit about and want to do something more with my life and make more friends. Never too late I always say!
Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Sue

My name is Sheila and I am thinking about booking that weekend. I am 54 and this seems like a perfect way to have a holiday as we would all be in the same boat. Glad there is coach which could pick us up as I wouldn't relish the idea of driving that distance on my own.

Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Sue

I have just booked the weekend at Hampshire, it felt good to make that positive step. Hope you can do the same. See you there?

midwife
(Member)
Hi Sue and Sheila - I've posted a message, I think, on here but although registered as 3 messages can only read yours is it the same for you or am I doing something wrong ?

Val

ferrit
(Guest)
I've just discovered it might take 24hrs for a message to get posted so ignore that last one .. Also a bit confused as sometimes my login details are ferrit and sometimes midwife - this doesn't mean I deliver ferrits but I may appear to be 2 different people called val ... hmm technology - way beyond me .. I need to get out more ..
midwife
(Member)
Hi sue and Sheila - glad to see Sue has booked .. mu first message on here - which hasn't materialised said I'd booked but was now silently panicking about it - never been away on my own but living with 2 teenagers who prefer to go away with their friends, and my friends having partners to go with .. I need to do something ... At present my 'annual leaves' are spent doing extra shifts at work or house work .. How many people go on these weekends do you know - are we the only ones in the hotel ?

Val

Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Sue & Midwife/ferret

Looks like we are on our way! I'm quite excited and determined to forge ahead as a single person. Don't know if we are the only ones going but hey ho,if we are we will be fine. Haven't visited Hampshire before, the hotel looks lovely.

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi sue and Sheila .. glad you've both booked now - when I rang they siad there were only 4 spaces left so hopefully we're not the only 3 - maybe the others booked haven't found this 'board' yet. am very hopeful and if so am thinking of booking for Prague - I presume they'll do this again next year. My 'kids' won't be doing as many holidays - they usually average 3 a year but my daughter will be doing GCSEs and son 1st year at uni, so i might have a bit more 'spare' cash for me !!!

Val

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
sounds like it's only the 3 0f us still ... have you 2 had confirmation and other details yet ?
Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Val / Sue,

I have had my confirmation by post and email. Just got to wait for the final details and pick up point for the coach. I didn't fancy driving all the way from Cornwall, cheaper by bus as well, although it will take longer. Don't forget your dancing shoes you two!!

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was told I'd have to come by train - is it cos it's further from Norfolk than Cornwall ? Perhaps I'll check again ... Dancing shoes - of course, are we going to be the brave 3 who start things off !!!
Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Val,

Are you sure Sue has booked? Not seen any correspondence from her. I have decided to drive as the coach makes about a million stops,the train has one but then I would have to take a taxi from Basingstoke as well as get to my nearest station first. Don't like the time schedule either. At least I can please myself if I drive. Now it's all done I am looking forward to the experience. See you there.

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm not a very confident driver on motorways even with a sat nav, so still opting for the train ... will have 18 miles to get to the station in norwich then will need to cross london ... still all good fun !!! where are you going from ?
Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Val,

I am travelling from mid Cornwall, I've printed off a route from the computer and it is fairly straight forward and I don't mind driving. Hopefully I will get a reasonable nights sleep on the Thursday, but I'm not banking on it. I am bringing my Just You book so that I can chat to the organisers about next's year's holiday. I am also fairly sure that I will spend New Year 2011 on one of the short breaks. I am getting quite excited about the w/e, I hope I am not expecting too much.

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm looking forwards to it too and thinking about where to go with them next year. It is a bit 'worrying' though that we seem to be the only 2 on here ..... !!!

Val

pennyw
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ive just booked this weekend too. A first for me! It will be a taster for possible New Year break. Definitely booked Americas Golden West for March 2011 for my 50th Birthday present to myself.

Penny

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
that's a good idea Penny - just over 2 years to go so should give me time to save up and do the same for my 5oth !!! See you in Hampshire
Sheila C
(Member)
Hi Penny

Welcome to our little group. Its great to know that we are all taking the plunge together. Are you having to travel far?

pennyw
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sheila,

Im travelling from Devon, but have family in Reading so will stop on way and on way home to visit them too.

val
  • (Member)
(Member)
So both of you are quite near then - I'll be spending several hours travelling by train to get there ... still all part of the 'fun' !!! Have either of you done anything about insurance - didn't think for a weekend break in this country it was really necessary but had a letter today saying it was necessary - wasn't sure if that was just a 'blanket' comment as all their foreign holidays would obviously require it .

Val