Jan from coventry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Would love to hear from anyone else who is going on the above holiday.This is my first Just You holiday.

Jan from Coventry

alli1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

This is also my first Just You holiday. I am looking forward to it but dont know what to expect.

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi both of you,

I went on this holiday in June 2009. You'll love it. I went on several excursions & would especially recommend the day out to the far north eastern peninsular, Kyrenia & the Kyrenia boat trip.

The hotel is fine.

If your local guide is Sevilay Mehmet you'll be darn lucky. She is simply lovely & a Turkish Cypriot with tons of local knowledge. She & i struck up a special friendship.

Just remember all the other people are just like you wondering what it's going to be like, but they are all going with Justyou because they don't want to go away on their own!

Enjoy it!

Helen

Jan from coventry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alli

Glad I am not the only one going on their first just you holiday see you at heathrow.

Jan

Jan from coventry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen

Thanks for the tips was thinking of going on the boat trip.What normally happens in the evenings

Jan

alli1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Look forward to meeting you. regards Alli
HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

The evenings are pretty much up to you what you do. There are things going on in the hotel. People usually meet after dinner & have a drink/coffee & chat in the bar.

Be sure to take your swimming things when you go on the boat trip from Kyrenia & fins if you have them. You anchor & can get into the water down some steps from the boat.

When in Kyrenia you get better price drinks if you walk alongside the harbour & up around the corner, still by the sea but not so obvious as the first ones you come to.

I'll look at my photos & come back to oyou again once I've refreshed my memory of what I did & where I went!

Helen

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again Jan,

Just looked at all my N.Cyprus photos - I love reminiscing!

From a few notes I jotted down whilst looking at my pics:

I swam from the sandy hotel beach. The pool also is warm & simply lovely too. I can remember that phewwww in June it was boiling, so shorts, cut-offs, cream, water & a sunhat! You don't need any posh clothes on this holiday really.

When you go out for the day to the Karpas Peninsular take swimming stuff - you get the chance for a swim off a lovely sandy beach & it was so hot we all just dashed for the sea! You stop for lunch at a lovely roadside cafe with a vine for shade that day - great Turkish food & bread from their ovens.

Lovely sunrises & sunsets from your hotel - I was lucky to be able to see from my bedroom.

When you go to Salamis ruins make sure you climb to the top of the Amphitheatre - fantastic views from up there. Wear stout sandals or trainers that day.

Famagusta was fascinating with the empty houses.

On the trip to Kyrenia (not the boat trip, the other one - both worth going) you go to Bellapais,which is a beautiful quiet place to visit. Be sure to climb right to the very top of the ruined castle - a bit of a slog but the views from the very top are breathtaking. Must have lost a few lbs in the heat doing that!

Great BBQ lunch in a shady woody area that day.

I loved the Turkish food, completely different to the Greek food in the South of the island. Eat out as often as you can to get a taste of REAL Turkish food although the hotel food is fine but more European than particularly Turkish. Lovely large selection anyway.

When is it you go?

Helen

Jan from coventry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen

Went on holiday 6/7/2010 to 13/7/2010. Had a great time and went on all the excursions my favourite was the boat trip. We were not told to take swimwear when we went to Karpas Peninsula but did see the fantastic views.

Diego Armanti was our tour manager and he seemed very nice.

Looking to book another holiday next year thanks again.

Jan

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there,

So glad you enjoyed your hols. Now I'm looking forward to going to the Dominican Republic in Nov. & Mexico in March both with another singles company & am just about to book Canadian Rockies & Vancouver with the Alaska add-on in September NEXT year with Justyou, looks brilliant - getting full as the VAT goes up to 20% in the New Year & they say bookings have gone nuts!

Bye

Helen