HelenJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Anyone else booked this yet? I have, also a friend has. We were told that if you want to do the Alaska add-on, the double cabins for singles on the ship get booked VERY early. Also worth saying that I upgraded my cabin as the standard cabin has no window or porthole.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who went last month (September) & what they thought of it & which excusions in Canada & off the ship they did.

Helenj - Exeter

janicek
(Member)
Hi Helen,

I did this trip 2 years ago and enjoyed every moment of it. Whilst on the cruise I went whale watching, also did helicopter trip landing at husky dog camp where we got to sled with the dogs. Def a highlight of my trip. The steam train was good too, a very scenic trip taking us right over the border and back into Canada.

From memory the optional trips in Canada were good too. Whitewater rafting in Jasper was fun and the optional trip to Lake Louise was wonderful too.

I know several people in the group were disappointed at their choice of trips when on the cruise. I can honestly say I'd recommend the ones I chose.

Janice

HelenJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Janice,

Great of you to come back with your info. thanks very much for the tips.

Helen