LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Anyone else booked this trip? I went on this trip the Xmas before last and it was great. And we had snow - on Xmas Day! It was good fun - hence a return visit this year. I will be joined by a couple of JY friends from previous years, so the more the merrier.

Be happy,

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lesley.

Nice to hear from you, Remember me, we met in Austria. Unfortunatley I cant get away this year. For the 2nd year which is a real pain as i like to get away at that time of year. Next year i will be definately going somewhere, The Dolomites is a stunning place, Enjoy and have a great time

Andy

KenC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

I shall also be joining this trip with a JY friend. There were 24 booked to go when I booked so should be a good party. Let's hope the French solve their problems before we go!!

Ken

gillyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone...i have just booked this holiday...never been away before,on my own...feeling a little nervous now...but really looking forward to it.
LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilly,

Well another joins the gang! So far that makes 6 of us - just gets better doesn't it. 3 of us have done this particular trip before (Xmas 2008) and the place is great - and as for the snow!!! What can I say - White Christmas!!! Real Xmas card stuff. Tour Manager's name is Lisa this time - I have asked her to order the snow. Bring your glad rags too because we like to party. Won't be long to wait now. See you at Dover.

Be happy,

Lesley

LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilly & Ken,

I went to the JY Welcome Evening last Thursday and I know now that this trip is fully booked. It looks like there are quite a few of us to have a good time. As you may be aware, I am going with 2 JY friends I made on my very first trip - and this will be our 4th Xmas trip together. So looking forward to meeting you and all the others in a few weeks time.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Gilly

There really is no need to be nervous petal. Although I can well understand it, Although I am not going away myself this Christmas. You will have a great time, And also a guarenteed white Christmas. How cool is that.

Enjoy it. And a very merry early Christmas

Andy

LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilly & Ken,

There is a message for us from Lisa our tour manager in the 'Tour Managers' section (in case you have not seen it.

Pity Andy can't make it but someone has to work!

See you soon,

Be happy,

Lesley

gillyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Can you help...does the hotel cash travellers cheques.
LovelyLesley1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilly,

Sorry I can't answer this one but either Olly (Editor) section or Lisa (Tour Managers) section may be able to help. I have not used traveller's cheques for a long time but have used credit cards and debit cards. If you intending to use credit or debit cards, remember to notify your bank and credit card company as sometimes they will 'block' these if they think they are being used illegally in a foreign country. It takes moments by phone and you will have peace of mind. Hope this helps.

Lesley

lisa44
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gilly,

It's Lisa, your tour guide. I have spoken to the hotel about traveller's cheques and they are able to cash small amounts if necessary. (€50-100 max) The traveller's cheques would need to be in euros however, not sterling. Ironically, it's becoming more and more difficult to use traveller's cheques!

Lesley gave excellent advice about using a credit/debit card - you only take out what you need, when you need it. Please do remember to contact your bank in advance as Lesley mentioned so that they don't put a "block" on your card.

I hope this helps a bit - looking forward to meeting everyone at Dover! Not long now...

All the best to you all, Lisa