Clair
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have recently booked myself on this trip. It is my first holiday with Just You. I am both nervous and excited as always wanted to go to Italy. Is there anyone else out there booked on this trip? If so I would love to hear from you or anyone who has been on it.
chrisymac
(Member)
Hello Clair.

This is my first holiday with this company and the first time i have ventured anywhere by myself.

I have always wanted to travel to Italy and this holiday looks like a very good introduction!!

I am traveling to Gatwick from Birmingham.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Chris

Clair
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, good to hear from you. This is my first holiday completely on my own, I have travelled alone to visit friends but not for a while. What made you choose JY?

I am going straight to Gatwick on the day of travel. Still excited and have been looking for guide books.

Linney
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I have also booked this holiday and fly from Gatwick. It is my first holiday with Just You. I am nervous, excited, and looking forward to visiting many places in Italy which my parents loved. They visited Italy 11 times with Travelsphere.
Linney
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Clair I travel alone to Spain each year to visit a friend. I made plan's with other friend's to go abroad yet when the time come's I hear no more about it. So I decided to take the plundge and book myslef this holiday. I have never flown from Gatwick before. My parent's travelled the whole of Italy over the year's. My late Farther was stationed there during the war and could speak Italian very well. He wanted to relocate, but Mum wouldn't. Mum often talk's about Italy with wonderful memories, and has visited the places in our tour. I know this is going to be a great holiday!
Clair
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Linney, nice to hear from you. Everyone keeps telling me how great Italy is and I have got my guidebooks to read up on it.

I do not feel quite so nervous having heard from yourself and Chris (Chris are you out there?). Think this message board is a fantastic idea. Wish the trip was sooner but it will soon come round.

Clair

chrisymac
(Member)
Hi Clair and Linney,

Sorry for the delay i have had a few problems with my broadband connection.

Well i now have the guide books and wish the holiday was sooner, as Italy looks a wonderful country.

I now think i will have to travel to Gatwick the day before and stay overnight.This isn't something i planned but i don't think i will have enough time on the day of travel to get to get to the airport comfortably.

Hope to catch up with you nearer the time, Chris

bruceh72
(Member)
Hi Folks,

I have just booked myself on this trip and can't wait!

This will be my second Just You holiday, having done Prague, Vienna and Budapest last year. I would recommend Just You to anyone who's a little wary of travelling alone.

Rome was top of my list of places I wanted to visit this year, and having never been to Italy, this holiday looks ideal.

I'll be travelling from Gatwick, so hope to see you there!

Bruce

Clair
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone, not long to go now!

Nice to hear from you Bruce, good to have a recommendation for Just You. They have a positive mention in the Daily Mail supplement today.

Just need to organise my spending money and other than packing I am ready to go.

Take care and hope to hear fom you soon.

Clair

Sheila-F
(Member)
Hi All, I went on this holiday 2 years ago and it was my first time with Just You. I enjoyed it so much I've booked again this year to go to China. The highlights of Italy for me were Venice where we got to go on a gondola, seeing the leaning tower of Pisa and Rome. When we were in Rome we were lucky enough to see the Pope making his appearance in St Peter's Square. A few of us visted the Sistine Chapel which was awesome as was the Colisium. There are so many wonderful places to visit and I know you will have a great and memorable holiday.
Clair
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, well just over 3 weeks to go and I for one am counting down the days. Looking forward to meeting all of you going on this trip. See you soon, Clair
valley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this one in june, fantastic trip and hotels great but it is very expensive to buy drinks in the hotels, also they just take your room number and tell you how much you owe at the end of your stay, there was a bit of confusion here because some people gave the wrong number to the waiter but it was sorted in the end. eating out at lunch time was also more than we thought, my friend and i had both taken £300.00 in euros and both had to draw more out. be warned st marks square 3 euros to use the toilet and a Wine in rome was 10 euros. all that and i would go again it was great enjoy yourselves
Clair
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Nice to hear from people who have been on the trip, thank you for feedback re costs etc.

See all of you who are going on this trip on Thursday! Clair