hazelh
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm going on my first JY holiday to Lake Garda 20th September. Is anyone else flying from Birmingham? Also I'd also love to hear from anyone who's already done this holiday and can advise on anything at all: hotel, what to wear, which optional trips to do, cost of a coffee etc.!! Looking forward to hearing from you.
PF1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I have just returned from Lake Garda having stayed at the Ramada the scenery was beautiful but unfortunately the hotel was not 4 star! although nice and clean the food was appalling and they also charged for tea in your room - so take your own tea bags. There is nowhere to walk to at night and no sitting lounge after your meal hope you get a better tor rep than we did!
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Thanks for your comments about this trip. I am actually going on the 7th Sept to Lake Garda staying at the Ramada. Did you go on any of the optional tours, as I am wondering whether they are worth going on as I don't want to spend all that money if its not worth it. I also read somewhere that there was no where to sit in the evenings, was there any entertainment in the hotel? Did you go Sept time as not sure what the weather will be like then. Any comments you can give about trip would be appreciated, thanks

Sue

Jim D
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hazel I am flying out to garda from brum on the 20/09. Im travelling from shrewsbury, havent made my mind up yet whether or not to to down the previous night and book a hotel stay and park. Where are you travelling from. this is my first JU hol.so looking forward to meeting you it will be nice to travel together the hol. wont. seem so daunting then. Wondering what we can do in the evening if the hotel does'nt have a lounge to use, thats not a very good start is it. keep in touch and mind how you go. Jim
hazelh
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jim

I'm travelling down to Birmingham on the morning of the flight, its only about an hour away. It will be my first JU holiday too, so its good to know there's someone else travelling from Birmingham - I'll look out for you at the airport. I've not been to Lake Garda before and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm still making my mind up about going on the optional excursions, so if anyone reading this has any advice, please let me know!

Jim D
  • (Member)
(Member)
Afternoon people - I am doing the two trips plus the cliff hanger lunch. Thought I might as well see things that I would'nt see on my own. Still concerned about the remarks on the Ramada, but if we all get on as seems to be the case on most of the trips we'ii probably be out at night locally.We will be on holiday so WE WILL ENJOY IT !! Bye for now. Jim
PF1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi sorry if I gave wrong impression about holiday. The hotel Ramada is very clean and nice surroundings. Rooms comfortable. At night you can just stay in the dining room and we did have a quiz one night most of us went to each others rooms and sat on balcony. The trips were good especially the cliff hanger restaurant, good food there and spectacular scenery and stopped at lovely little villages. Our coach driver stopped at super markets where we could get fruit, tea and beers.

You will have a nice time I did all the tours and enjoyed them.

PF1

Moore
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

I am going on the Lake Garda trip on 20 Sept travelling from Plymouth. Anyone going from the Westcountry? Might be nice to travel up with someone. Other than that, will meet at Gatwick. I'm very nervous but I know most new people are! Hope the food isn't as bad as noted previously. Anyone know who our rep/tour manager is?

Celia

hazelh
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Think I might book on the Cliffhanger lunch then! I'm sure we can all find somewhere to go after dinner, even if its a few laps of the hotel grounds!
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks to those of you that have replied regarding the optional trips - I think it sounds worth while doing so I am going to book them. Does anyone know what the weather is like in early Sept, I am going on Sept 6/7th

Thanks

Sue

JennyB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Got back yesterday from Lake Garda. The hotel is miles from the Lake, I was fortunate enough to have a lake view. Food is not at all good, not buffet comes already plated, pick the night before, choice of meat (usually turkey) or fish. Don't want to put any of you off as the holiday was one of the best Just You I have been on. Cliff Hanger is a must.
Jim D
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for that update looks like I shall be bringing snacks with me. At least you had no complaints about the actual holiday so that is good, it means I can still look forward to it.

Jim D

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've booked this holiday for Sept 7th, glad to Cliffhinger trip was good, as I just reserved a place. Hope the weather is fine in Sept. What did you find to do in the evenings? First time to Lake Garda, hope its all what I expect from such a beautiful place.
hazel2
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello everyone...I am going to Lake Garda on 20 September, flying from Edinburgh. I see another "Hazel" is going same date! After reading about the hotel, I do so hope all goes well. Have been with "Just you" 3 times before and havent been dissappointed so am hoping for the best. See you all soon.