Suzyloo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, is anyone else going on this holiday, if so I'd love to hear from you. This will be my first solo holiday and I'm apprehensive like all other newcomers. It would be really nice to hear from someone else who is going.
bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, went on this trip 19th May 2010, first JY abroad, it was brilliant. Mijas and all the places you visit are breathtaking. If Claire is your tour manager she is excellent, very knowledgable.

Have a great time.

Bev

tim204
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I will be following this post with great interest as i'm going on this the week after.
Suzyloo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the message Bev, glad you had a good time. What sort of things did you do apart from the excursions?

And Tim, hope you have a good time when you go - I'll let you know how I get on.

I would love to hear from someone going on 15th but had no luck so far. As it's my first JY trip I'm not sure what to expect.

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Mijas is a lovely village to wonder round and explore. If you walk to the other side of the square where the coach turns round, there is a lovely bar/restaurant with fantastic views of the sea, just the place to people watch with a glass of wine, they do great sandwiches too!!. The village is perfectly safe to wonder round at night, a few of us went out on a couple of evenings after dinner for drinks and some went to a restaurant for paella. The hotel has a great pool area ideal for sunbathing. Don't miss the gardens just up and to the left of the village, the views are breathtaking. There is also a bullring which is worth a visit but the one in Ronda is much larger and I think the oldest in Europe.

On my trip there were 44 other people and although you may not get to speak to all of them [or remember their names] I am sure you will easily make friends with quite a few.

Hope you have a fantastic time and try and do all the trips it will be worth it.

Best Wishes

Bev

Jinty
  • (Member)
(Member)
Read the comments on Treasures of Andalucia with interest as I am going on this holiday but travelling from Glasgow on 1st September. So far, think I am the only one flying from Glasgow and so looking forward to it.

Regards

Jinty

Philsmudge
(Member)
Hi,I'm going to Mijas on the 15th September.Will be going from Manchester and really looking forward to it.Have been on holidays on my own before and there is nothing to worry about.Was due to go on 2nd june but went into hospital a couple of weeks before and had to rearrange.My parents went there last year and recommended it.Looking forward to visiting the Alhambra.

Phil

Suzyloo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Glad to hear from someone else going on the 15th! I am flying from Newcastle, so will see you at the other end Phil. Hope you have a good trip and look forward to meeting you. I've never been to mainland Spain so looking forward to it.
Philsmudge
(Member)
Hi Suzy,look forward to meeting you at the other end and hope everything goes smoothly from Newcastle.It will be my first trip to mainland Spain as well so can't wait!

Phil