carolmccullough
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, looking forward to meeting you all. It's my first trip to SA and really want to see as much as possible. It appears that the excursion to Robben Island needs to be booked from here before we go. I am reluctant to book it without knowing if anyone else is going from our group and when they are thinking of going. I would like to go on both the optional tours of the winelands and Cape of Good Hope, therefore it looks like the only possible time to go to Robben Island would be after booking into the hotel on the first day. However, after a long flight and going up Table Mountain as soon as we arrive it could be a bit much to go to the island on the first day. Anyone got any plans or ideas. Carol
jens
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carol,

I am going on the same holiday at the end of September...and I am also wondering about booking a tour of Robben Island. I went to Cape Town a few years ago and wasn't able to do the Robben Island tour as it was fully booked - so its on my essential list for this time. However, I don't want to miss out on the optional activities either (especially the winelands tour!). My worry for you is that if the cable car up Table Mountain isn't running when you get there, they might reschedule it for another time during those first few days - and you wouldn't want to be stuck making a choice between Table Mountain and Robben Island. Its only £17 though - probably worth taking a chance.

I hope you have a great time.

Jenx