poppypen
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone 

Getting up the courage to book a holiday on my own, mid 50's, just wondering what to expect and "usual" age range / fitness levels etc- any pointers please ? Thanks very much.

Elaine AsaAolo
(Newbie)
Going on my first solo trip this weekend so will let you know - doing the Croatia Island explorer
PhilN
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hi

Went on the CROATIA & THE MAKARSKA RIVIERA holiday last year. Loved the country so much, I'm returning this year on a different trip !

Age range varied from early 50's upwards, majority were female. There was even a young lady in her 20's ! 

The pace is easy going, not too many steps (unless you choose to walk up to the top of landmarks !).

There's quite a long walk, along a flat coastal path, for the boat trip to Hvar/Brac. Also, there a few steep steps up to the cheese factory on Pag Island.

Both hotels are nice, Pinija better of the two for food. Bluesun Resort food isn't great, but location is fantastic.

Hope this is of help. 

Nutan
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hello 

I am going on my first Solo Just You trip  to CROATIA & THE MAKARSKA RIVIERA in October 2024, flying out from Gatwick on 7th October 2024 and looking forward to meeting some wonderful new friends and also seeing 2 amazing ladies I met on my recent first solo cruise👌😘😍