janetroe1
(Newbie)
See you in the lounge. My flight from Manchester gets into Heathrow for 16.10hrs. 
Linlou
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaycee

Thought I'd already posted this but didn't appear! 

Ive got some US$ Chilean pesos and Brazilian Real ( not large quantities but enough to start off ) also will be using Monzo card.

Can't buy Argentina currency here.

I know we can exchange on arrival just like having some cash already!

igosolo
(Newbie)
Hey Joycee, currency-wise, I'd recommend taking a mix. A debit card for bigger stuff and some local cash for small buys is a smart plan. But watch out for hotel exchange rates; they can be a bit meh. Maybe check with your bank or a currency exchange spot for a better deal. Keep it simple, stay flexible, and enjoy your trip! 💳💰🌍😎
Jaycee
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Thanks,

I also like to have some currency to start with, so I may do the same 👍

wberry
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi every one!  Just back from this amazing holiday

Currency-- Don't worry about Argentine Pesos US dollars are taken everywhere. If you have Chilean Pesos that's fine, I've brought a lot back! surprised how cheap it was there. Rio was a little more expensive but all 3 countries were happy with US Dollars. Optional excursions were amazing Tango with dinner, Concha y Toro Vineyard and Sugar Loaf Mountain were my choices but my fellow travellers loved the Ranch and cooking experiences. Have a wonderful time, I certainly did, but be prepared for a "Full on" holiday!!

Linlou
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Ah that's great to hear, better get prepared for a busy time!

thanks for reporting back!

Linlou
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Ah that's great to hear, better get prepared for a busy time!

thanks for reporting back!

Jaycee
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Thanks - really useful info. 
PCC
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: wberry 

Hi every one!  Just back from this amazing holiday

Currency-- Don't worry about Argentine Pesos US dollars are taken everywhere. If you have Chilean Pesos that's fine, I've brought a lot back! surprised how cheap it was there. Rio was a little more expensive but all 3 countries were happy with US Dollars. Optional excursions were amazing Tango with dinner, Concha y Toro Vineyard and Sugar Loaf Mountain were my choices but my fellow travellers loved the Ranch and cooking experiences. Have a wonderful time, I certainly did, but be prepared for a "Full on" holiday!!

Thanks wberry for your information - really helpful

Can I ask you advice on what to pack?  I will take a water proof jacket and fleece - does it get cold at night>  Will pack some cardies

Is it a shorts holiday?  presume you have to cover up in Churches etc

Do I need to take "smart" jackets or not really needed

On the nights that dinner isnt included - did the group go out as a whole / Tour manager recommendation (thats type of thing, thats what we did in Asia)

Sounds like you had a fab time - thanks again

PCC x