Vickie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone,

It's time to announce the winner of the Nature category for the Just You Photographer of the Year competition.

We once again had some incredible photos, so without further ado the winner was... 

Peter Gilks! For his photo of a 'smug looking' sea lion at Neko Harbour. 

The runners up were Sally Chambers for her close-up photo of a lizard sitting on a flower, and Michael Woffinden, for his photo of a spectacular flower in the Flowers' Dome. 

Thank you to everyone who sent in photographs. We'll have an album of all the photos over on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JustYouHolidays/  If you're on Facebook, head over and have a look and please give us a 'like' while you're there!  🙂

April's theme is Iconic Sites so please get your entries in by the 15th May and be in with a chance to win the monthly prize of a £50 Just You voucher. Each monthly winner goes forward to the grand final to be crowned Just You Photographer of the Year winning a £200 Just You voucher.

To enter just email your photos to photo@justyou.co.uk  or upload them on the Just You website (http://www.justyou.co.uk/photo ), before the 15th of the following month along with your name, the Just You holiday that you were on and a few sentences about what inspired you to take the photo.

Once you have sent us your photos why not share them on our Facebook page or on Twitter using #JustYouInspirations

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Vickie

I think I’m being a bit dense - where on the Facebook page are the photos? I can’t see an album for them.

Thanks

Sally

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sorry Sally, my fault. I meant to upload the album this morning, but didn't get a chance. I've just done it so if you go to www.facebook.com/justyouholidays you'll see the album 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

daveJB
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I would like to enter this photo competition but I have a couple of questions,

when you say 'Iconic Sites' does that mean famous landmarks or places

or just a site we like the look of?

and is there a limit on how many photos one person can enter?

Thank you

Dave.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Vickie,

It was good to see all the other photos ( well most of them) to see what we are up against. Some strong photos there x Just sent in 2 from Jordan and then thought of 2 others so have plenty of time. Hopefully there is not a limit on these 😉 

Jan

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan,

Thanks for entering! Nope, there's no limit on the number of photos you can send each month, so please feel free to send more 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Dave,

Both really, it's open to your interpretation 🙂 There's no limit to photos so please send as many as you'd like to include in this month's competition.

Thanks,

Vickie

Nina10
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

Are all the March entries in the Facebook album? As I can't see my photo entry?  :huh:

Regards,

Nina

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Nina,

I think a few of them hadn't uploaded for some reason, so I've now uploaded all photos that we've received.

Hopefully it's there now?

Thanks,

Vickie

Nina10
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I've had a look again and unfortunately it's not. I just wanted to be sure that my entry was received.

Regards,

Nina

daveJB
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I have tried to upload some photos on to your competition web site, and I get a

message saying 'Sorry only JPG,JPEG,PNG and GIF files can be uploaded

your files were not uploaded' but my photos are all JPG so what went wrong?

I have uploaded a photo on to your Facebook page successfully.

Dave.

00Susanna00
(Member)
Congratulations to everyone who sent in photos - I thought they all deserved a prize!

Sue

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Vickie,

Thank you, found my alligator this evening. So hard to choose from that lot- do not envy you at all 🙂 

Jan

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Nina,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Please could you let me know, did you email them or submit via the website? I will check for you. I do hope we received them and they were considered for March, but if not hopefully they can be submitted into another category so they can still be included in the competition.

Thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Dave,

That's strange, I'm not sure why you're unable to upload the photos but I'll make our web team aware so they can look into it. Thanks for submitting via Facebook, you can also email photo@justyou.co.uk if that's easier for you 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan,

That's great, glad you found him 🙂 I know, it's definitely a tough job but also really enjoyable to look through all the fantastic photos!

Thanks,

Vickie

daveJB
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Dave,

That's strange, I'm not sure why you're unable to upload the photos but I'll make our web team aware so they can look into it. Thanks for submitting via Facebook, you can also email photo@justyou.co.uk if that's easier for you 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie,

The first photos I uploaded were on the web site but I now see that they were too small at 163kb and should be between 1MB & 3MB but I have since tried to upload one at 2.7MB and that didn't work either, so maybe your web can have look.

Dave

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose,

Oh dear, it sounds like that might have happened. Did you upload via the website? I'll speak to our web team and also check we've received your photos, I'll let you know if we haven't.

Thanks,

Vickie

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

Earlier in this thread you said that you had uploaded all of the photos received for the March competition into a Facebook album. I sent in 8 photos in this category and yet only 4 appear within the 48 photos contained within the album at present. Does this mean that 4 photos of mine weren’t received?

I submitted them using the email photo@justyou.co.uk platform, so if you can check this for me I would be most grateful. Obviously it’s too late for any missing photos to be judged, but it sets a worrying precedent if people’s photos are going astray or have not been received. When you submit photos using the email address, there is no automated reply to confirm receipt so I’d be interested to know if this is the best platform to use.

Many thanks

Mike

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dave,

I have never been able to download on the JY site, so do it via email photo@justyou.co.uk This has worked every time.

Jan