Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Happy Monday all,

Here at Just You HQ we are very excited that we have been nominated for awards at the British Travel Awards, including Best Singles Holiday Company and the Telegraph Travel Awards. This got us thinking about this weeks Monday Musing:

What award have you won that has made you incredibly proud?

From fastest egg & spoon race winner to nobel prize recipient - we'd love to hear about your achievements.

Kindest regards,

Julia

PS. We do hope that you have cast your vote in the various travel awards - if not make sure you have your say here; British Travel Awards  & Telegraph Travel Awards  (there is even a chance of winning a travel prize just for voting)

sjm533
(Member)
My BSc. From the OU when I was 70.  At last I had my degree.

Sylvia

Jellifer
(Member)
I'm still the undefeated 'Bake Off' champion at work as we only ran it once! :D

We all had a great time and raised over £1,000 for charity

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
My Chartered Surveyor qualification after a career break of 4 years.

PS - I might be more inclined to vote if we can have some hints on the new tours. 😃

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well done to you all - and I agree Jonah, I'm very disappointed there have been no hints regarding new tours.  The opposition have launched theirs!!!  

My greatest achievement was probably getting my 25 metres swimming badge after struggling to learn for about five years.  I really can't swim properly at all and avoid going in the water at all costs...

Cheers,

Bob

intrepid traveller
(Member)
I guess my professional qualification ought to top the list but then there are many and varied awards!  I have a certificate for kissing the Blarney Stone in Ireland; another for driving reindeer,  husky dogs and a Snowmobile in Lapland; one for crossing the Artic Circle; one for winning a cake and a photo competition at the local Horticutural Show;  another medallion for walking 3 miles in a Santa outfit to raise funds for breast cancer.  Piano exams;  Advanced Driving Test. Swimming certificates;  walking the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Canada. A certificate just for going to Greenland. Also First Aid and Food Hygiene 

Not sure that's all but enough is enough. Am thankful for an interesting and varied life and owe it all to my parents giving me my first certificate - my Birth Certificate.  Aim to add a few more before the certificate at the other end!!!!!! 

Not really showing off, just enjoying recalling magical moments.

Best wishes everybody - keep achieving

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

'sjm533' wrote:

My BSc. From the OU when I was 70.  At last I had my degree.

Sylvia

Congratulations Sylvia, I also did my BSc and MA with the OU after having had no interest in studying when I was at school! I love the OU.

Rose

Congratulations to Sylvia and sjm533. I did my Masters from Leicester Uni when I was 45. My daughter did her BSc from there too. We had our graduation ceremony on the same day. Proudness and happiness was overflowing that day. 

Dyuti

jacquieG
(Member)
Learned to ride when I was 45 and got a 4th place rosette in my first ever dressage competition. Lena (my horse) was 17.2 hands high and a three quarter Irish draft and quarter thoroughbred....... She was huge.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Reaching the top of Dead Woman's Pass (aptly named) on the Inca Trail in Peru, and reaching Base Camp of the mountain Ama Dablam on the Everest Trail in Nepal. Physical, rather than academic, achievements for me!

Cheers,

Hils

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

On one of my many travels, I was awarded a certificate as an honorary Viking. It takes pride of place in a frame on my living room wall. (I did have to work hard as a trainee Viking to receive the certificate!)

Sylvia