Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

I'm currently working with the Just You Creative Team on the next couple of editions of the Just You Inspirations Magazine and we wanted to drop you a quick message for two reasons...

Firstly - As a pictures says a thousand words, we thought it would be nice to include some more of our photos and with this in mind..... Do any of you have any Just You holiday snaps that you would like us to include in our next edition(s) of the magazine? If so, please send them, along with a quick line as to where it was taken to our editorial team on the following email address: editor@justyou.co.uk

Secondly - and perhaps most importantly, we'd like to know what you'd like to see more of in each edition, Would you like more articles on certain destinations, a bit more of the 'behind the scenes', some travellers' tales or perhaps something completely different - Let us know by sharing your comments below or emailing the editorial team on editor@justyou.co.uk

Thank you in advance for your photos and thoughts,

Kindest regards,

Julia

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Julia, I'd like to hear more about how the skiing trip you ran went, as I understand you will be following up with more skiing trips. Disappointing that no one on the trip put up a review - I would have done the ski trip if I hadn't already been booked to go to Cuba at the same time when the skiing date came out.

Also would like to read early reports of the newer trips, to the more unusual destinations. Plus what places you are looking at adding; how you research new trips; trends you can see in travel etc.

Always interested to read individual travellers experiences of travelling solo, whether with JY or otherwise.

Katy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I agree with Katy, I'd like to hear comments concerning tours that haven't been reviewed on the forum - especially the newer ones.  The quotes could be taken from the holiday questionnaires perhaps?  Also I think the write-ups on tours in the magazine should feature aspects that aren't emphasised in the brochure, to give an alternative view of the tour in question, with different photos etc. I know you do this to a certain extent already. I think customer photos and quotes about the tours are a huge help.  Behind the scenes interviews with staff are interesting and as Katy has said, a feature on developments in the travel industry and news on some up and coming destinations would be great (but perhaps you don't want to let the cat out of the bag before the new tours are officially launched?!).

All the best,

Bob

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Julia,

Sent a couple of photos via email. Have enjoyed reading the latest Inspirations. Great 10 tips for packing and loved the Global Explorer. I am sure that there used to be a competition which would interest me.

Jan

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Julia,

Email was returned as not allowed on your senders list.

I have changed my email from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem

Jan

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good thinking Jan, there certainly should be a competition for a free JY tour in each edition - that'd raise the interest in it no end!!!  But even if it wasn't for a holiday, please make sure it is not just open to UK residents or this very loyal Irish chappie will not be impressed......

Cheers,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
Could we have some items on the add ons available  for  long haul tours please. These often seem to get overlooked in reviews  and details contained in brochures can be a bit sparse
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Julia

I would love to see more information on Tour Managers although I know it would be impossible to list them all just a few in each edition, I also believe that when we get our final Travel Docs there ought to be information regarding our TM for that tour, I would also love to see articles and pictures on some of the JY staff, putting pictures to names etc like yourself and Mildred and one or two reviews from your Travellers either taken off the forum or what people have sent in

Regards

Dave

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree also with what SarahS and AbbaDave have said!  I really do think JY should give more prominence to the add-ons in the brochure, especially when they are to different destinations e.g. Zambia for South Africa and Cambodia for Vietnam - I've done both of these tours and although the main tours were fantastic, the add-ons were even better!  JY are selling them a bit short I think, so if there's not enough room in the brochures, then at least more info in the Inspirations magazine would be good.  It would be good to read more interviews with the tour managers and a profile piece on some more of the JY staff such as yourself and Mildred, as Dave has mentioned.

All the best,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
I agree Daventry. I know last minute changes sometimes have to be made  ut it would be good to know the name of the tour manager in advance. Also, can we have mobile numbers for use in emergencies  please.  Currently a few managers provide this, but the majority do not.
SylviaJ
(Member)
I think a piece on all holidays that fellow travellers haven't previously reviewed would be helpful. Also, a day in the life of a JY worker, ie customer services who do a thankless task.
turnke
(Member)
Hi Julia I am hoping to go on the American Music Heritage tour April 2018,I would be interested in more information on that and the other new tours when they appear in the brochure.My main interests are in North America,but,I am sure that information on new tours to the rest of the world, would encourage others to book them.

Keith

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for all your feedback so far - the great news is that some of this is already in the pipeline, but we'll also take a look at what else we can add in based on your comments!
Moderator2
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Julia,

Email was returned as not allowed on your senders list.

I have changed my email from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem

Jan

Good Afternoon Julia,

I am so sorry that toy has some trouble emailing us. We have contacted the IT team and it has been sorted out. It was not your fault.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Since I have already send quite a few photos from South Africa / Zambia trip, I will send you some when I return from my Costa Rica/Nicaragua trip.

Regards

Jaya

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

Just a quick thank you to those of you who have sent in some photos so far, and those of you promising some in the future - please keep them coming, we are loving seeing your adventures and can't wait to share these with others!

Kindest regards,

Julia