Northumberland girl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked on the magical mallorca trip 7th June but am concerned that the hotel has changed and we are now at a different end of island.  Does anyone know anything about the hotel and area (calls mayor). It's my fourth just you trip but I must admit I don't know that I looking forward to now. Can anyone (either just you) or members alleviate my concerns. Thanks.
Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm in the same position and am not particularly looking forward to it now. The hotel looks good but doesn't have an indoor pool or spa. It's the resort of Cala Mayor that bothers me most. According to Google it was once a popular resort but has become rundown. Apparently mostly residential area with few shops. I guess we'll have to make the most of it. I wanted to cancel but there were no suitable alternatives.
brownowl
(Member)
Hi, I am booked on this holiday too. Does anyone know what the problem was with the other Hotel? The other Hotel and location seemed much better than this one. Still, as you sat Eljay we shall have to make the most if it.

Just you, can you please reassure us ?

Northumberland girl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Reading website there is a spa in sister hotel just next door. Not ideal but hey. I agree just got to make most of it. Like you, the resort concerns me. It would be nice if Just You could help allay fears. A bit more information about whole holiday would be good. I am assuming same trips. If not, I will be very disappointed.
(Member)
Hi all,

Unfortunately, the Fergus Style Puerto Pollensa Hotel overbooked us on the 7th June and 20th September departures. We have changed the hotel to one that is of a similar or higher standard. All of you who booked before 01/03/16 will be getting a side or full sea view and the hotel will do their best to give later bookings the same, subject to them being available of course.

I can assure you that it is the same trip and the itinerary will be as per the brochure, the only changes will be the short coach journey to the included excursion. You will only be about 2.5 miles from Palma, which has a good selection of bars and restaurants.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Northumberland girl' wrote:

Reading website there is a spa in sister hotel just next door. Not ideal but hey. I agree just got to make most of it. Like you, the resort concerns me. It would be nice if Just You could help allay fears. A bit more information about whole holiday would be good. I am assuming same trips. If not, I will be very disappointed.

Hi Northumberland girl and brown owl. It's good to see other people feeling the same as me. Look forward to meeting you in June.

Linda

Northumberland girl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the Fergus Style Puerto Pollensa Hotel overbooked us on the 7th June and 20th September departures. We have changed the hotel to one that is of a similar or higher standard. All of you who booked before 01/03/16 will be getting a side or full sea view and the hotel will do their best to give later bookings the same, subject to them being available of course.

I can assure you that it is the same trip and the itinerary will be as per the brochure, the only changes will be the short coach journey to the included excursion. You will only be about 2.5 miles from Palma, which has a good selection of bars and restaurants.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks for trying to allay concerns.