ampleaphrodite
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all.

I'm doing the JY Barbados visit in May and wonder if anyone can help with tips?

For example, I know it's a notoriously expensive island, so is it worth my taking my own mask and snorkel with me, instead of hiring them there?

Kind regards

Deb Nurse

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I think this is a new holiday, but there may be other forum users who have been to Barbados and may be able to help you.

Jaya

LeeLee
(Member)
Hi Deb

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147263-d2535813-Reviews-Bolador_Sea_and_Land_Tours-Bridgetown_Saint_Michael_Parish_Barbados.html 

They are more intimate (about 12 people) and will send you a link with underwater pictures of you swimming with turtles. Well worth doing a day with them!

Some hotels have snorkelling equipment for sale or rent at reasonable prices but I'm not sure about the one you are staying with. I guess it depends on how serious a snorkeller you are.

All in all I didn't find it that expensive. It depends what you want to spend your money on.

Oh how I wish I was joining you...

Lee

LeeLee
(Member)
Oh and I would recommend reef shoes of some kind. I picked up a pair while I was there for £5.

Have a great trip!

Lee

Princi
(Member)
I like to take my own Snorkel..... Just a preference - If you've got one take your own, they weigh nothing.

Barbados food and drink costs are about the same as the UK, as most things are imported. I've only ever been on a self catering holiday in Barbados,

Have a fab time, locals are lovely people.

Alex

ampleaphrodite
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the replies, everyone, very helpful. I'm really looking forward to this!

Deb