wanny
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have nearly a week until I make my way to heathrow! Can you check in with the reference number? I tried checking the fight with it and never worked. rung jy and was told as was group booking that I wouldn't have the number. So can you check in online? As I read in review of flight being overbooked and would been best to check in before leave. argh please help!

A worried ann

(Member)
Hi Ann,

What holiday are you going on and when does this depart? This will enable me to check your details.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

wanny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Canada and new England in fall on 30th sept
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have never been able to book in online on any of the tours I have been on with JY this is because we are a group booking, I have never ever had a problem getting on the flight. Sometimes people can book in online but that's usually because they have upgraded and are then classified as a single booking. I always get to the airport early and most times I manage to get a seat I like! ...a smile helps sometimes.

You will have a great tour I am sure, and leave a review when you get back.

Cindy

(Member)
Hi Wanny,

I can confirm that you are in the group allocation group, which means that you are not allowed to check-in in advance online. If you can, try to get to the airport in plenty of time so you can check-in as early as possible.

I hope you have a great time, and following on from Cindy - it will be great to hear how you got on.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

SarahS
(Member)
It's surprising that on line check in isn't always available for groups. I've flown on Easyjet from Stansted on several JY holidays, and have been supplied with a booking code each time as Easyjet don't have facilities for checking in at the airport. For my upcoming flight I was able to pay a small supplement to select my seat when I booked my holiday. I normally upgrade on long haul flights and usually am able to select my seat at the time of booking. The only exception to this so far has been BA, when seat selection was only available four weeks in advance of departure at additional, very high, cost. On the subject of BA the service and cramped state of the business cabin was very poor value for money. I would definitely not recommend upgrading on BA flights beyond premium economy. All the other carriers I have flown with offered a far superior service to business passengers. My favourite has to be Virgin Atlantic, followed by South African airlines.
wanny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks you Cindy and monty. Takes taken off my worrys now many thanks for taking the time to reply! So looking forward to this and not long to go and I'm Writing a dairy as I go as I have such bad memory lol

Ann

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'wanny' wrote:

Thanks you Cindy and monty. Takes taken off my worrys now many thanks for taking the time to reply! So looking forward to this and not long to go and I'm Writing a dairy as I go as I have such bad memory lol

Ann

You will be fine, and having been on this tour I know you will see and do so much, just make sure you take all your charges for the electrical stuff, adopters, and batteries or charger for your camera, just do and see all you can. It's a great tour.

Cindy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ann,

It has been annoying when trying to book seats. Usually find that in the group booking, I can ask at check in to change the seat to a window which I prefer if I do not have one already. I do ask Just You and have been accommodated when I asked. So pretty please Just You can I have a window seat for our flight to Pisa on 8th October when we fly out to Tuscany ;)

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

I always request an aisle seat, but there have been times when I have got to the airport only to find that I have been given a window seat. I try to swap at the check-in, but sometimes they are none available. I think we can request at the time of the booking, but it is not always guaranteed.

Sarah, I too am not a fan of British Airways.

Jaya

Mick W
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Jan

I always request an aisle seat, but there have been times when I have got to the airport only to find that I have been given a window seat. I try to swap at the check-in, but sometimes they are none available. I think we can request at the time of the booking, but it is not always guaranteed.

Sarah, I too am not a fan of British Airways.

Jaya

Well Jaya if our paths ever cross you can have my aisle seat for your window as I'm opposite. Find it easier to sleep with a window seat and get my elbows bruised every time the trplly comes down with a aisle.

Mick

wanny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Id prefer a aisle seat wink wink

I never knew that probley to late now but for my Italy trip I shall be calling to pick my seat

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

Will bear this in mind - I am happy to swap the seats with you anytime!

Jaya

Mick W
(Member)
Feeling i'm gonna be popular with the aisle brigade on future trips lol.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes you can also swap with me anytime if our paths cross Mick W, I really DO need an aisle seat...

Cindy

wanny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well I was on the middle on way to Boston.and lived to tell the tale.I guess lol
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'wanny' wrote:

Well I was on the middle on way to Boston.and lived to tell the tale.I guess lol

Hope your really enjoying your tour Wanny

Cindy

wanny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
On way back from new york at check in, asked where I was and again told middle. I asked to be swapped for a window or other and was given the seats but exit doors. Yay was all excited as taxi driver who took me.to heathrow said they would be the best ones to get. Wish didn't as was the toliet waiting area and couldn't have my hand luggage sob. Well i know now not to lol

Ann

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'wanny' wrote:

On way back from new york at check in, asked where I was and again told middle. I asked to be swapped for a window or other and was given the seats but exit doors. Yay was all excited as taxi driver who took me.to heathrow said they would be the best ones to get. Wish didn't as was the toliet waiting area and couldn't have my hand luggage sob. Well i know now not to lol

Ann

I feel tour pain few years ago flying from Heathrow to Australia I could book in on line and choose front seat what a MISTAKE alike you right next to the toilet standing area or people stretching their legs, also as this flight was 24 hours it wasn't pleasant smelling by then ...never again aisle seat for me...

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
I prefer a window seat. I once spent 8 hours flying to Detroit in a middle seat. Never again!

I prefer to check in on line but it's not always possible. It's why I try to get to the airport early to check in.