Toni2909
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there to all the seasoned travellers out there.

As I have not flown from T2 before, and as I will need an overnight hotel, parking for 10 days and minimum hassle on the morning of my flight, do anyone have any suggestions as to the best hotel to pick?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Toni

Mick W
(Member)
Hi Toni,

Non of the hotels are withing walking distance to T2 so you will need to use the hoppa buses or free service bus (if in the free flow area).

Best bet is one of the hotels along Bath Road but not essential.

I use "holiday extras" for a hotel/parking deal, i also take the gamble and take one of the mystery hotels, just got the Park Inn (4 star) with a weeks parking at the hotel for £69 using this method.

If you are more confident using the hoppa rather than service buses they will add your tickets for transfers to the cost.

Mick

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I always go for Premier Inn, Bath Road, Toni. I go onto the Premier Inn website and book it there a couple of months before my holiday (I don't travel during school holidays). I can usually get a "Sleep, Park and Fly" deal which gives me one night's hotel and parking on site and then 8 or 15 days' parking with Purple Parking, where you drive your car the following morning to one of the car parks at the terminal and book it in; they then take it away off airport and return it in time for you to pick it up again when your flight has landed back. If the arrival timing is late at night, I have booked an extra night at the Premier Inn and then collected the car from Purple Parking the next morning. You can travel from the airport to the hotel, if necessary, by Hoppa bus (I'm not sure about "public" buses on which you could use your Over 60s bus pass - if you have one). I've done it this way for several years - there were teething problems at first but since Purple Parking has taken over the car parking section of it, it has worked very well. The hotel is the same as anywhere else but the folk at Purple Parking have always been friendly and seem to know what they are doing.

Ann

Toni2909
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks to both of you. I have always done the Premier Inn plus Sleep Park Fly from Gatwick North, so I will probably do the Bath Road one for this trip, thus taking the good advice from both of you.

Toni

1981Kedi
(Member)
Can't comment on parking as I either get dropped off or use the National Express coach. However I did use the Premier Inn at 15 Bath Road when flying from Terminal 2 last autumn. Got a good deal for overnight (room only) at £29. The hotel is standard PI, nice room with TV and wifi, comfy bed and good bathroom, with a Costa coffee and an OK restaurant on site. I used the service bus to get there from T2 (the hotel is just outside the free bus area but you can use a bus pass if you have one) - the bus stops over the road from the hotel, but I caught the Hopper to get to T2 in the morning - it goes from outside the rear entrance of the hotel and was a short drive. T2 was the first stop.

Have a great holiday!

davidj
(Member)
You can sometimes get a better deal by booking the Premier Inn (15 Bath Road, Hounslow,Middlesex TW6 2AB) and the purple parking separately (through Holiday Extras). They are next to each other but make sure you book the correct hotel. There is more than one Premier Inn on Bath Road. You can also use the car parks free bus.