Dyuti
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

I applied for the visa online on Sunday around 2.30 PM, received an acknowledgment immediately. Then at 10.10 PM, I received a message with an attachment granting the visa, which I printed. No fee was charged. I thought it would take at least 2-3 days, not less than a day!

Amazing Australia indeed!

Dyuti

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dyuti,

Thanks for this post, I'm hoping to do Australia in a couple of years and I was a bit apprehensive about the visa process so that's put my mind at ease over it!

Hope you have an amazing holiday!

Best wishes,

Bob

the_baron1
(Member)
The Australian Visa I received was organised by JY when I went a couple of years ago. I think it was received with my travel documents prior to the holiday.

Dyufi, it sounds like you purchased your visa not through JY. Is that right?

Eric

Mick W
(Member)
'Dyuti' wrote:

I applied for the visa online on Sunday around 2.30 PM, received an acknowledgment immediately. Then at 10.10 PM, I received a message with an attachment granting the visa, which I printed. No fee was charged. I thought it would take at least 2-3 days, not less than a day!

Dyuti

Dyuti,

Could you please put a link to the website you used, like Bob its somewhere I'm consdring visiting in the next 2 or 3 years.

Mick

AbbaDave
(Member)
how much did you pay for it, JY did mine for about £25 I think
Dyuti
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

'Dyuti' wrote:

Dyuti

Dyuti,

Could you please put a link to the website you used, like Bob its somewhere I'm consdring visiting in the next 2 or 3 years.

Mick

The website I used was.. www.immi.gov.au

I applied for eVisitor (subclass 651) visa. There are certain conditions but it shouldn't be a problem. You need to print 2 copies of the attachment which grants the visa. 1 copy to keep with you and the other to keep it at home. Also make a note of the date and the ref no. in your diary or in Notes in your phone.

This visa is free, for a multiple entry within 6 months from the day you arrive in Aus. JY charges £40. For this reason, I did my research on this website, asked my daughter to call the Aus embassy (open after 1 PM) to make sure this is the right visa and it is free.

Dyuti

For most countries, you can get a visa online which is done electronically.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again,

That sounds like a plan, as the saying goes! It sounds relatively straightforward to do it yourself. I'm sure some people would think JY charging £40 is steep, but I've used Trailfinders a couple of times for visas (JY can't do mine as I'm in Ireland) and they charge €80 admin fee!!

Cheers,

Bob

Mick W
(Member)
Dyuti,

Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I might be being thick!! It wouldn't be the first time but I have looked in my passport and I cannot see I got a visa for Australia, I have one for NZ and Kenya...I have entry and departure stamps for OZ but not a visa in there. Unless it's one they take out?

I didnt go to OZ with JY I went independently..

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

I think it's like an ESTA and is electronic, with a page to print out.

Cheers,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Cindy,

I think it's like an ESTA and is electronic, with a page to print out.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob

I was thinking it might be along those lines, I was there summer of 2007 seems along time ago now, when I think of all the holidays since then!!

Cindy

SarahS
(Member)
I did my esta online. Amazingly easy and straightforward, and only fifteen dollars.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
This is a bit confusing as Dyuti says she did not get charged any fees whilst Sarah paid fifteen dollars. Perhaps Dyuti means she did not have to pay any extras - for e.g. admin fee etc.

Jaya

Gran
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

This is a bit confusing as Dyuti says she did not get charged any fees whilst Sarah paid fifteen dollars. Perhaps Dyuti means she did not have to pay any extras - for e.g. admin fee etc.

Jaya

The website for the visa clearly states if you are a citizen of certain countries, you do not pay any visa fee. My visa is granted but it also states no fee was charged.

Dyuti

SarahS
(Member)
Sorry for any confusion, my ESTA was for the USA
Gran
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Sorry for any confusion, my ESTA was for the USA

Yes, USA visa is obtained online but it costs $14.

Dyuti