Julie L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everybody.

Any suggestions of where to go in the uk?

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Hi everybody.

Hi Julie

Edinburgh is THE place to be at Hogmanay. Don't know if JY are doing anything, if not then you will have to book it yourself, if you can still get in. Otherwise have a look at the JY brochure and the reviews for last year - one or two were excellent, others horrendous.

Sylvia

Julie L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sjm533' wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi everybody.

Hi Julie

Edinburgh is THE place to be at Hogmanay. Don't know if JY are doing anything, if not then you will have to book it yourself, if you can still get in. Otherwise have a look at the JY brochure and the reviews for last year - one or two were excellent, others horrendous.

Sylvia

Edinburgh is the best but I live in Derbyshire, last year trains and planes were not going up that far as for the winds, or on other years it's been the snow, so it's too far too go. I've been to Hinckley last year, thinking of Swindon this year, what about you?

valley
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hinckley Island hotel hosts the best new year this will be my fourth there, I tried Swindon one. Year and Cheltenham last year but they don't really do new year like Hinckley there are about 150 people and all very friendly
sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'sjm533' wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi everybody.

Hi Julie

Sylvia

Edinburgh is the best but I live in Derbyshire, last year trains and planes were not going up that far as for the winds, or on other years it's been the snow, so it's too far too go. I've been to Hinckley last year, thinking of Swindon this year, what about you?

Sorry for the delay, only just found this post. I am off to Lake Garda on 20 December for 7 days with another company. JY's breaks are too short for me to justify the travelling time and expense.

Sylvia

Julie L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'valley' wrote:

Hi Hinckley Island hotel hosts the best new year this will be my fourth there, I tried Swindon one. Year and Cheltenham last year but they don't really do new year like Hinckley there are about 150 people and all very friendly

Have you booked for Hinckley! Where do you travel from? I come from Heanor in Derbyshire, I will be 60 in December. I went to Hinckley last new year, 2012 in Cheltenham was a disaster, Julie

valley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'valley' wrote:

Have you booked for Hinckley! Where do you travel from? I come from Heanor in Derbyshire, I will be 60 in December. I went to Hinckley last new year, 2012 in Cheltenham was a disaster, Julie

Hi Julie I travel from stratford on Avon I don't go on trip to Warwick every time as it is a bit local for me. But if majority are going I join in. Yes I have booked for this year and I will be 62. See you there val :thumbup::(

DouglasL
(Member)

Living in Edinburgh, I would agree that it is one of the best places to be at New Year - lots going on. Not sure if Just You feature it - they do have a Christmas break to Edinburgh.

Don't worry about any problems getting here. We had no snow over last winter and only a little, not at New Year, the previous year. We also very rarely get rail problems, unless power cables are down on the East Coast mainline.

Douglas.

:)

Julie L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'valley' wrote:

'Julie wrote:

'valley' wrote:

Hi Julie I travel from stratford on Avon I don't go on trip to Warwick every time as it is a bit local for me. But if majority are going I join in. Yes I have booked for this year and I will be 62. See you there val :thumbup::(

Hi val, so you've booked for new year in Hinckley, if you don't want to go to Warwick castle maybe we could go visit the town together as I've only been to Warwick last year, even through I lived in Tamworth for 8 years, look forward to meeting you, I will book in two weeks time, as I'm having to go to help my daughter who lives in London

For the next two weekends as she has just had her hip replaced for the second time on both hips in 10 years, unfortunately she was one of the unfortunate people who had the metal problems so had to gave them removed and ceramic ones put in, xxx

Julie L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'valley' wrote:

'Julie wrote:

'valley' wrote:

Hi val meant to say I think I will book to stay another night as I found it was quite stressful to be travelling home after the new year booze up as I had to stay sober too far to be driving home with maybe still alcohol in me. X

anita23
(Member)
'valley' wrote:

hi

I have just booked to go to the Hinckley Island this New Year

cant wait heard lots of good reports

Anita x

anita23
(Member)
HI have booked this New Year 2014 i if any one would like to meet up when they get there send me a e mail. and we could chat iam coming from Yorkshire so will take a drive up really looking forward to it

Anita

Sasha12
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Hi everybody.

Julie L! The UK has plenty of tourist attractions. There you can find all the type of attractions like historical, entertainment, art galleries, museums and many more. During my trip of this region I visited London, Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and Bath. They are stunning and magnificent place of United Kingdom. I am sure you will also like them.

Julie L
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Val, and anyone else going to Hinckley for the new year,

Can you make your selves known, when we get there, I'm arriving about 2.30 ish so

I can sit in the vat and have a coffee. Don't want to be tired for the jollies ahead. See you all there. Julie L