Julie L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi anniethenitnurse

A while ago you advised me on what clothes I would need to take on the holiday to Canada & New England in the Fall in September can you resend please

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi JulieL,

No Problem! Layers is the thing here, as it can get a bit chilly in the evenings. I took tops and cardies, and for the most part wore trousers for comfort. This is technically quite a casual holiday, so I only really took 2 "dressy" type clothes with me as most of the time eating out at night was casual too. I also took a light, but warm, jacket with me - and a brolly, just in case (only needed it once in the whole time I was there!)

So, simply take clothes that you know you feel comfy in, and layers that you can add for the evenings. Wherever you go on this trip, there are plenty of restaurants close by, so if it is wet, you won't have far to go. And on the couple of nights where the meals were organized by Gary, our tour bus took us and brought us back.

Hope this is of use to you, and enjoy!

Anne

Julie L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

Hi JulieL,

No Problem! Layers is the thing here, as it can get a bit chilly in the evenings. I took tops and cardies, and for the most part wore trousers for comfort. This is technically quite a casual holiday, so I only really took 2 "dressy" type clothes with me as most of the time eating out at night was casual too. I also took a light, but warm, jacket with me - and a brolly, just in case (only needed it once in the whole time I was there!)

So, simply take clothes that you know you feel comfy in, and layers that you can add for the evenings. Wherever you go on this trip, there are plenty of restaurants close by, so if it is wet, you won't have far to go. And on the couple of nights where the meals were organized by Gary, our tour bus took us and brought us back.

Hope this is of use to you, and enjoy!

Anne

Thanks Anne, where you going this year? Maybe we will meet one day, where do you live? I'm from Derbyshire.

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi Julie,

No plans as yet, but would love to go back to USA again, doing a tour of all the civil war battlefields. I find America a fascinating country, for some reason! I'm from a place called Motherwell, which is about 12 miles south of Glasgow.

Anne

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Anne

What a coincidence, I also live in Motherwell!!. I am going to Apulia in September this year. Did not want to do another long haul trip-maybe next year. Maybe our paths will cross at some point.

Lesley

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

Gosh, it's a small world right enough! I'm retired now, and thoroughly enjoying it - still don't feel old enough to have retired, but sadly I am!!! If you want my e-mail address, then I'm happy for Julia to pass it on to you.

Best wishes

Anne

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Anne

I would be very happy to exchange email addresses. Julia could you please arrange this.

Lesley

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

Consider it done - look out for an email from me on it's way to you now.

Kindest regards,

Julia