magpie10
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia,

Not sure if you are already aware of the new Visa requirements for visiting Turkey from 11th April 2014?

According to the Gov.uk site, if you are visiting Turkey after 11th April 2014 you need to get an e-visa in advance (online). From 11th April, the Turkish authorities will start to phase out issuing visas on arrival (at present you just pay £10 upon entry to Turkey).

Just thought it may be beneficial to let other Just You travellers know about it before they travel.

I'd advise anyone buying a visa electronically to make sure they use an authorised site, there are some sites out there that are quite happy to rip people off by charging more. There's a link on the Gov.uk site which looks ok to me, or perhaps Just You may offer to get it for you?

Thanks

Caroline

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline,

All is in hand here at JYHQ but thank you for raising this on the Community - this is certainly important for those who are considering travelling with us to Turkey.

For those customers who had already booked on a tour - they should have received a letter advising them of the changes to the Visa process and notified that Just You is able to obtain the Turkey e-Visa for travellers for a fee, alternatively they can obtain this independently and a link to the website has been provided. New bookers will be notified at the point of booking their holiday with us.

I have been advised by our Consular Services team that:

"ABTA have advised that they'd negotiated with the Turkish authorities to have a transition period from now until 31 December 2014. This means that Turkish Visas can be obtained both online (via www.e-visa.gov.tr ) and at the port of entry. Visitors arriving in Turkey without an e-Visa will be able to obtain them via interactive kiosks located at Turkish airports until this deadline."

Thank you again,

Julia

daveJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Tukish visas can be obtained from the Republic of Turkey Electronic Visa Application System

online www.evisa.gov.tr or type Turkish visas, they charge in dollars (20) but take the equivalent is pounds.

I hope this helps.

Dave.

Bucks123
(Member)
The latest brochure says the visa fee is from £35. Is it still £10 to obtain one at entry?

PS - how many are currently booked on the 26th October trip?

PPS - why has Jules removed her photo!?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bucks123

Just You take the most up to date advice from the FCO and other authoritative bodies, the £35 in the brochure is the cost of the visa plus the administration free. You do not have to purchase your visa through Just You, you can do this independently and given the changes being made for entry to Turkey, we would advise that this is done before you travel. We are unable to accept responsibility if you can't enter a country because you do not have the appropriate documentation.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ 

If you are looking at the 26th October Istanbul city break, there are 7 travellers currently booked on this date.

Kindest regards,

Julia