JackieH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced, convenient hotel for Heathrow airport? There are so many on various websites to choose from, I would welcome some suggestions. Some of you will be regular travellers who will have often stayed the night before flying. I will be going to Canada with Just You in September and would appreciate some help.

Many thanks, Jackie

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
If you are driving down I always stay at the Premier Inn at Hayes overnight. Economical with steak house right next door. From there Purple Parking are just a short drive away who will rapidly whisk you to your terminal. Again, much cheaper than airport parking.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JackieH' wrote:

Has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced, convenient hotel for Heathrow airport? There are so many on various websites to choose from, I would welcome some suggestions. Some of you will be regular travellers who will have often stayed the night before flying. I will be going to Canada with Just You in September and would appreciate some help.

Many thanks, Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I have stayed at various hotels at Heathrow, and have found by far the best - and cheapest - is the Premier Inn.

Cheers,

Hils

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've stayed at the Premier Inn Heathrow (the one nearest Terminals 1-4, not the one out in the sticks) several times. I have always found the rooms comfortable and (fairly) quiet (it depends whether there are hordes of children running up and down the corridor). There is a half-hourly bus service to the various Terminals. The only thing I would beware of is using the hotel's car park - the last time I did this, as part of one of their deals, I got two parking tickets from the company that now runs it and had to send a very stiff letter to both the parking company and the hotel manager before I was "let off".

I went onto the Premier Inn website to find the price, which I thought was very reasonable. I suspect, though, that if you tried to book it now their computer would probably come up with high-season prices but it might be worth a try.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie, don't stay at the Comfort Hotel! I stayed there the night before my last holiday and it was a bit of a nightmare. I had to change rooms twice as the air-con wasn't working properly: the controls didn't work and in the first room it was stuck on heat at 25C and the second room it was stuck on 30C!! The third room wasn't a lot better, but bearable. The maintenance men sent up to look at the control panels weren't able to sort it out. The bed was OK but the breakfast was late in being set out the next morning, which meant I had a rush to get the taxi to the airport. On the other hand, I've heard good things about the Premier Inn on Bath Road.

All the best,

Bob

Auntie D
(Member)
'JackieH' wrote:

Many thanks, Jackie

:):)

Hi Jackie,

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel, Shepiston Lane, Hayes, Middx UB3 1LP in December. It's about a 10-15 min bus ride from Heathrow. The Hoppa bus will take you directly to the hotel and then you can catch it back to the airport next day, £4 single or £7 return.

Ring JY and they will be able to give you some suggestions, depends on how much you want to pay ***** or ** !!!

Good luck in your search.

:thumbup:

Denise

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

If I fly from heathrow i often stay over the night before, sometimes hotel or hotel/park deals. I tend to go for the "undercover hotel" on the holiday extras website. You dont know which hotel you are getting until you book although sometimes you can work it out from information given, once they named the restasurant so google helped, another time they named which hoppa bus stopped there, tells you breakfast time all helps in guessing which hotel but does it matter if you go for a 4 star.

What you do know is the star rating (choose 3 or 4 star) and you get it with massive discounts. By going this route last 4 trips I've had the renaisance, Arora, Park inn & Radisson.

Another tip is use the service buses to get to your terminal or hotel they are free in a zone around heathrow and often more regular than the hoppas which i think are expensive.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/heathrowterminals123-13970.pdf 

Not shown on here as it doesn't go to the central bus station but a 423 bus goes along bath road past most of the hotels and to terminal 5 (and back), again free.

To be honest i try get the hotels along bath road because they are on bus routes.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
I generally fly to Detroit once a year from Heathrow and apart from last year have always stayed at the Holiday Inn. If you can get a deal it's good, nice rooms and friendly staff.
brownowl
(Member)
'Moneybags' wrote:

Hi jackie

If you are travelling from terminal 5 the best hotel to stay at is premier inn at terminal 5. The hotel is just round the corner from the terminal 5 it's so close you can walk there. I have stayed at that hotel 22 times and have never payed over £45 including full English or continental breakfast. My policy is why pay over the top prices for basically only wanting a bed for one night stay.

Andrew

Hi moneybags, do they do parking as well at premier inn? :thumbup:

JackieH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Thanks everyone for so much useful information. Lots of food for thought! I will be travelling by National Express bus so will not need parking. There is plenty of time to decide but I am grateful for the personal info.

Jackie 🙂

brownowl
(Member)
'Moneybags' wrote:

'brownowl' wrote:

'Moneybags' wrote:

Hi jackie

If you are travelling from terminal 5 the best hotel to stay at is premier inn at terminal 5. The hotel is just round the corner from the terminal 5 it's so close you can walk there. I have stayed at that hotel 22 times and have never payed over £45 including full English or continental breakfast. My policy is why pay over the top prices for basically only wanting a bed for one night stay.

Andrew

Hi moneybags, do they do parking as well at premier inn? :thumbup:

Hi yes they do at reasonable prices to;). If you decide to drive to the hotel your best bet is to book the hotel and car park directly through www.premierinn.com. I strongly advise not to book the hotel through other sites is because you don't always get the best deal for the accommodation and they don't take car bookings either. I hope this helps:)

brownowl
(Member)
'Moneybags' wrote:

'brownowl' wrote:

'Moneybags' wrote:

Hi

Hi yes they do at reasonable prices to;). If you decide to drive to the hotel your best bet is to book the hotel and car park directly through www.premierinn.com. I strongly advise not to book the hotel through other sites is because you don't always get the best deal for the accommodation and they don't take car bookings either. I hope this helps:)

Thank you moneybags, for your reply. Regards Sheila

whitty
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am booked into the travellodge by terminal 5,have a room,evening meal and breakfast all in 39 pounds.

andy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'whitty' wrote:

I am booked into the travellodge by terminal 5,have a room,evening meal and breakfast all in 39 pounds.

andy

Andy,

The terminal 5 travellodge is over a mile from the terminal but you can catch a No423 service bus nearby which will take you straight there. Its in the freeflow area so doesn't cost, save you the £4+ each way for using the hoppa buses.

Mick

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
I don't know if it is still there but the worst one I ever stayed at close to Heathrow was the Ibis. The room was the size of a cupboard and was as hot as hell. Needless to say if I opened a window it was noisy. Make sure you avoid it!!

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Jools

Clairevt
(Member)
Hi

Thanks everyone for so much useful information. Lots of food for thought! I will be travelling by National Express bus so will not need parking. There is plenty of time to decide but I am grateful for the personal info.

Jackie :)

HI Jackie

I've just booked for Canada on 10th Sept. Is that the same holiday as you?

If so I'll no doubt see you there. I'll be staying overnight the night before as well if the flight is early. I live in Dorset and it's about 3 hours to get there!

Claire

whitty
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'whitty' wrote:

andy

Andy,

The terminal 5 travellodge is over a mile from the terminal but you can catch a No423 service bus nearby which will take you straight there. Its in the freeflow area so doesn't cost, save you the £4+ each way for using the hoppa buses.

Mick

thanks for the advise about bus,will stick with the travel lodge as its cheap,but may look for something closer for my usa trip in september.

JackieH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Clairevt' wrote:

Hi

Jackie :)

HI Jackie

I've just booked for Canada on 10th Sept. Is that the same holiday as you?

If so I'll no doubt see you there. I'll be staying overnight the night before as well if the flight is early. I live in Dorset and it's about 3 hours to get there!

Claire

Hi Claire

I am going on 26th September so unfortunately I will not be meeting you this time.

Incidentally, I have booked the Premier Inn as this seemed to be the favourite hotel.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Jackie:thumbup:

mick62
  • (Member)
(Member)
stayed in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel was about £120 but included parking for 2 weeks
Julie L
(Member)
Jackie h

What date are you travelling to canada in September? I'm going on the 17th sept to Canada & New England in the fall. If your on the same trip let me know as I'm staying in a holiday inn on the Tuesday before we fly, I'm travelling down from Derbyshire where are you from?