Jellifer
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
There were 19 of us on this trip (ages ranging from 40 - 92) plus tour manager Rhonda. 17 people flew from Heathrow on the Austrian Airlines direct flight to Vienna and 3 of us flew from regional airports via Amsterdam with KLM.  Transferring at Amsterdam was quick and easy, though a lot of walking was involved - the airport is massive. I had 65 mins between flights and made it to the gate in plenty of time. On arrival in Vienna there was a rep with a small black and white JY sign which wasn't that obvious and some people missed it. We had to wait for the rest of the group to arrive from Heathrow and then we were on our way into the city. We had a short city tour on the bus and were then dropped off for a couple of hours free time. Back on the bus we then headed for MS Vivaldi - our home for the next 5 nights. This was my first river cruise after many ocean cruises and I was pleasantly surprised. The ship was lovely - I'd upgraded my cabin to be on the top deck and I think this was well worth it. 

Breakfast is served as a buffet whereas lunch and dinner were sit down, set menu meals. There was no choice as to what you had but they did take dietary requirements into consideration. Drinks were included in the price and i'm told the included wines were very good. 

We visited Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava and I thoroughly enjoyed all three. The cruise line offered excursions in all ports and you could buy the package or just pick individual trips. If you wanted to go ahead and do your own thing that was fine too. The cruise line trips came back for lunch and then ventured out again in the afternoon. 

Overall it was a really lovely trip, please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jellifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm delighted to hear that you had a lovely time on your Christmas cruise.

Warmest regards,

Julia