Barb W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from this fabulous holiday. A comprehensive review was done last September which sparked an interest in this particular tour for me, thanks Jintzky, so I will keep mine brief.

Hotel Camprodon:- I really enjoyed my stay, beautiful village setting, spacious room with large terrace overlooking the river & garden.The garden was beautifully maintained, the only negative is the pool was not in use & looked unsightly.

Prestige Hotel Coral Platja Elit:- Reception staff found a little wanting & not very helpful, but in the restaurant & bar they were very good. The pool was situated between the car park & a busy road so hardly anyone in our group wanted to use it, so both pools on this tour were pretty much ruled out.

Everything else was fantastic, great train trips, stunning scenery both in the mountains & on the coast (some of the views were jaw dropping!) & a great group of fellow travellers.

Tour Managers:- To start with we had Debbie & guide Mark who both did a brilliant job. Sadly Debbie had to leave us mid tour & Mark took over until replacement TM John arrived from the UK. It was a seemless takeover so well done JY & tour managers/guide.

Anyone thinking of maybe booking this tour I would definitely recommend it.

jintzky
(Member)
Hi there! Glad you enjoyed it and my review was helpful! Yes I loved Camprodon and the character of the hotel there..the trips were stunning! Cant rememeber if it was same hotel in Rosas you were staying in but I used the pool in basement which was lovely and included a sauna etc. Mark discouraged us from using it saying it wasnt very good and had to be paid for - dont know where he got that from! It was lovely, clean and modern and free to guests!! I loved Rosas, walks along the front and swimming in the sea there!! The quirky train trip we took there ended up to be quite stunning!! A lovely trip!
Bosuncat
(Member)
'Barb W' wrote:

Just returned from this fabulous holiday. A comprehensive review was done last September which sparked an interest in this particular tour for me, thanks Jintzky, so I will keep mine brief.

Hotel Camprodon:- I really enjoyed my stay, beautiful village setting, spacious room with large terrace overlooking the river & garden.The garden was beautifully maintained, the only negative is the pool was not in use & looked unsightly.

Prestige Hotel Coral Platja Elit:- Reception staff found a little wanting & not very helpful, but in the restaurant & bar they were very good. The pool was situated between the car park & a busy road so hardly anyone in our group wanted to use it, so both pools on this tour were pretty much ruled out.

Everything else was fantastic, great train trips, stunning scenery both in the mountains & on the coast (some of the views were jaw dropping!) & a great group of fellow travellers.

Tour Managers:- To start with we had Debbie & guide Mark who both did a brilliant job. Sadly Debbie had to leave us mid tour & Mark took over until replacement TM John arrived from the UK. It was a seemless takeover so well done JY & tour managers/guide.

Anyone thinking of maybe booking this tour I would definitely recommend it.

Nice review.  It's one that I want to do as soon as my new hip allows, I hope that JY keep it on for next year.

andydurrant
(Member)
'jintzky' wrote:

Hi there! Glad you enjoyed it and my review was helpful! Yes I loved Camprodon and the character of the hotel there..the trips were stunning! Cant rememeber if it was same hotel in Rosas you were staying in but I used the pool in basement which was lovely and included a sauna etc. Mark discouraged us from using it saying it wasnt very good and had to be paid for - dont know where he got that from! It was lovely, clean and modern and free to guests!! I loved Rosas, walks along the front and swimming in the sea there!!  The quirky train trip we took there ended up to be quite stunning!! A lovely trip!

It was Hotel Victoria Prestige in Rosas!

Barb W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Bosuncat, yes you should be fine with most of the walking, there were about half of us who decided against seeing the volcanoes in Olot as there was one steep decent which needed shoes with a good grip due to the volcanic surface. Mark found us a museum near the bus station to visit after the walk around to look at the architecture. Hope your hip operation allows you to do this great tour next year.

Jintzky, yes the hotel was changed, those who had booked early told us they had received a letter informing them of the change, ours was on the seafront close to the Citadel.

Barb

jintzky
(Member)
'andydurrant' wrote:

'jintzky' wrote:

Hi there! Glad you enjoyed it and my review was helpful! Yes I loved Camprodon and the character of the hotel there..the trips were stunning! Cant rememeber if it was same hotel in Rosas you were staying in but I used the pool in basement which was lovely and included a sauna etc. Mark discouraged us from using it saying it wasnt very good and had to be paid for - dont know where he got that from! It was lovely, clean and modern and free to guests!! I loved Rosas, walks along the front and swimming in the sea there!!  The quirky train trip we took there ended up to be quite stunning!! A lovely trip!

It was Hotel Victoria Prestige in Rosas!

Thanks Andy!!According to the follow up post they seem to have changed it....seems to be the other end of Rosas now near the Citadel...wonder why?