NeilY
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello there - trust you are all well :cool: ! Recently returned from the above ' back to back ' 2 weeks in glorious Cilento , Southern Italy . Overall  a terrific holiday in an unspoilt part of Italy . Met some lovely fellow travellers and like to think we all had a good time . Great visits to many places including Castellabate , Paestum , Cilento National park , Amalfi & Ravello , Agropoli et all . Weather very good - a bonus ! It is interesting to note that JY have , after many years , changed the hotel for 2019 for this trip . Be very interesting to see how it matches up to the current Approdo hotel . My only comment here is that the Approdo is certainly now concentrating far more on its ' Spa ' customers & that part of its business . Still a good hotel overall . Only real downside was that our BA flight back to the UK was cancelled & it delayed departure for 24 hours , resulting in an unscheduled overnight hotel stay in Naples !

Our tour manager Jan McKinley deserves a special mention - very professional & efficient . Well done Jan !

I would recommend this holiday unreserveadly if you want to see unspoilt Italy - it provides relaxation , many places of interest , fresh air , lovely walks - all at a gentle pace . All the best , Chris ( aka NeilY ) .

Bosuncat
(Member)
'NeilY' wrote:

Hello there - trust you are all well :cool: ! Recently returned from the above ' back to back ' 2 weeks in glorious Cilento , Southern Italy . Overall  a terrific holiday in an unspoilt part of Italy . Met some lovely fellow travellers and like to think we all had a good time . Great visits to many places including Castellabate , Paestum , Cilento National park , Amalfi & Ravello , Agropoli et all . Weather very good - a bonus ! It is interesting to note that JY have , after many years , changed the hotel for 2019 for this trip . Be very interesting to see how it matches up to the current Approdo hotel . My only comment here is that the Approdo is certainly now concentrating far more on its ' Spa ' customers & that part of its business . Still a good hotel overall . Only real downside was that our BA flight back to the UK was cancelled & it delayed departure for 24 hours , resulting in an unscheduled overnight hotel stay in Naples !

Our tour manager Jan McKinley deserves a special mention - very professional & efficient . Well done Jan !

I would recommend this holiday unreserveadly if you want to see unspoilt Italy - it provides relaxation , many places of interest , fresh air , lovely walks - all at a gentle pace . All the best , Chris ( aka NeilY ) .

Hi Chris.  Sorry to hear that you had a delayed flight, but I bet it was interesting to be in Naples overnight!

I'm seriously considering returning to this next year, although it will be a shame not going back to Approdo.  Being able to fly from Birmingham is a bonus though.  I have been looking at the new hotel on TA and it looks interesting.  I hope that JY can update the website soon to reflect, as I would imagine that the itinerary may have to change a little bit.  

I'm just back from Spain (another hotel that JY are not using next year, which is a real shame), and will get a review on as soon as I can.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Chris

I am glad you had a good time, and what a nightmare for BA to cancel a flight, well done to the TM sorting things out.

Cindy