IanWight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Credit where credit is due.

I have in recent years sometimes obtained my own e visa/Esta etc for a trip but sometimes, especially as I live on an island, it is easier to go through the tour company.

For an upcoming trip I posted my visa application to JY on 22 August & got a text next day saying JY had this & it would be processed within 28 days.

Yesterday I got another text saying the visa had been issued and my passport would be with me, special delivery, today.

Arrived safely half an hour ago.

No fuss, no hassle, no trailing around to embassies, sorted!

Thank you JY.

Ian

SKW2962
(Member)
'IanWight' wrote:

I have in recent years sometimes obtained my own e visa/Esta etc for a trip but sometimes, especially as I live on an island, it is easier to go through the tour company.

For an upcoming trip I posted my visa application to JY on 22 August & got a text next day saying JY had this & it would be processed within 28 days.

Yesterday I got another text saying the visa had been issued and my passport would be with me, special delivery, today.

Thank you JY.

Ian

Hi Ian,

For Burma you could have used their e-visa service. I entered my details and uploaded a photo Monday afternoon. They promise to reply within three hours - I was acknowledged within three minutes. They hope to reply within three days - my visa letter arrived by email Tuesday morning; all approved just need to print off and take with you. No need to send passport and at $50 or £39.86 much cheaper than JY's £80.

Obviously JY is good for those without computer access or savvy.

Sandy

SarahS
(Member)
Whenever online visas are available, I prefer to use that method. I've done visas for Sri Lanka, Burma, India and sets for USA and Canada. I even received an email from the US department of homeland security when my ESTA was about to expire! All very straightforward, so long as you make sure you use the official sites for each country: there are a number of "visa agent"  sites where you will be charged an additional fee.  Cost saving, and it can be a significant sum, apart, the bonus for me is not  having to lose sight of my passport.
IanWight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SKW2962' wrote:

'IanWight' wrote:

Thank you JY.

Ian

Hi Ian,

For Burma you could have used their e-visa service. I entered my details and uploaded a photo Monday afternoon. They promise to reply within three hours - I was acknowledged within three minutes. They hope to reply within three days - my visa letter arrived by email Tuesday morning; all approved just need to print off and take with you. No need to send passport and at $50 or £39.86 much cheaper than JY's £80.

Obviously JY is good for those without computer access or savvy.

Sandy

Hi Sandy, I am long enough in the tooth to remember when all visitors to the USA needed a visa and that was a day at the Embassy in the interminable queue. I have done online applications on other trips but this was just a heads up for the JY service if you choose to go that way. Best, Ian.

1981Kedi
(Member)
I needed my passport on several occasions in the run up to the China and Tibet holiday - the visa requires a special Tibet "invitation" - so needed to get my passport urgently to JY the day after I returned from a holiday! Having discussed this with the helpful ladies in the Visa team I was able to take my passport and completed application form to JY HQ personally - OK a day out and just over £20 in train fare but I enjoyed the trip - never been to St Pancras - what a building, or Market Harborough - had time for a wander round the town. Handing it over personally meant it would catch the courier to the Embassy - I was kept notified by text and received the passport back quickly. I enjoyed meeting the Visa team and was impressed with the service. 

I would usually use a computer where it is possible to obtain an e-visa - (USA, Canada for example) but I have never tried to scan passport and/or photos so would consider using the Visa service in those circumstances.

(I also applied for a Russian visa many years ago - pre finger print requirements - bit like writing your autobiography! I kept a copy in case such detailed information was ever needed again as it was difficult trying to remember the education and work details at the time - never mind now   :rolleyes: .)

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I'm sorry to hear about all of this I've been talking to a few of my colleagues in relation to the Vietnam visa.

I have been advised that a letter was mailed to all travellers that had a tour booked that visits Vietnam in June this year. The reason being that Vietnam has extended the free visa entry for an additional 12 months. At the same time, the cost of the visa was removed from your booking (all prior to your final balance being paid).

I will email you a copy of the letter that was sent out for your own records. but I can confirm that the balance that was paid on your holiday did not include the cost of a visa to enter Vietnam.

Kindest regards,

Julia

P.S. I'm glad the Cambodia Visa application went smoothly.