RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
A pleasant and relatively leisurely holiday.

Hotels.

These were of a good standard although 2 of the 3 did not have tea/coffee facilities in the rooms. Food was excellent throughout, with set meals In Ljubljana but plenty of choices elsewhere. There was plenty of choice for breakfast in all three hotels.  With the T M being a vegetarian I'm sure they were well catered for. Try for a room at the front in both Bled and Portoroz for the views.

Resorts.

Everything is as described in the brochure but Portoroz is a bit brash and noisy.

Morning Starts.

No early morning starts for most people, the earliest was 8.00 am (some thought this too early!!) but the rest between 8.30 and 10.00. However the 5 of us from Manchester had to be on the road by 7.00 am on the last day.

Plenty of free time in all the resorts (at least half a day in each).

Excursions.

These were all good, especially the Postojna caves. We were fortunate with the weather so Lakes Bled and Bohinj were seen at their best. On the journey from Bled to Portoroz the T M arranged for the lunchtime stop (a slight detour) to be at the Lipica Stud Farm the home of the famous white horses. There was time for a tour if you wished and a good cafeteria. On the wine tasting do not have too much at lunchtime as you will taste 7 different wines after a tour of the vinery. All the places we visited were worthwhile.

Tour Manager.

Despite being brought in from his own holiday in Sicily at very short notice and having very little time to prepare the T M (Franco) was knowledgeable, helpful and ran an excellent trip.

The group.

Although the group was 28 (8 men & 20 women) there were no problems and everybody seemed to mix well.

Summary.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday.  If you require more information just ask.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger,

I'm delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the wider Just You community

Kindest regards,

Julia

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for posting Roger.

This is on my radar for next year so I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Regards

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Roger,

Sounds like a great trip. Thank you for writing a review.

Kind Regards

Kezzer

Annieb1
(Member)
'RogertheRed' wrote:

A pleasant and relatively leisurely holiday.

Hotels.

These were of a good standard although 2 of the 3 did not have tea/coffee facilities in the rooms. Food was excellent throughout, with set meals In Ljubljana but plenty of choices elsewhere. There was plenty of choice for breakfast in all three hotels.  With the T M being a vegetarian I'm sure they were well catered for. Try for a room at the front in both Bled and Portoroz for the views.

Resorts.

Everything is as described in the brochure but Portoroz is a bit brash and noisy.

Morning Starts.

No early morning starts for most people, the earliest was 8.00 am (some thought this too early!!) but the rest between 8.30 and 10.00. However the 5 of us from Manchester had to be on the road by 7.00 am on the last day.

Plenty of free time in all the resorts (at least half a day in each).

Excursions.

These were all good, especially the Postojna caves. We were fortunate with the weather so Lakes Bled and Bohinj were seen at their best. On the journey from Bled to Portoroz the T M arranged for the lunchtime stop (a slight detour) to be at the Lipica Stud Farm the home of the famous white horses. There was time for a tour if you wished and a good cafeteria. On the wine tasting do not have too much at lunchtime as you will taste 7 different wines after a tour of the vinery. All the places we visited were worthwhile.

Tour Manager.

Despite being brought in from his own holiday in Sicily at very short notice and having very little time to prepare the T M (Franco) was knowledgeable, helpful and ran an excellent trip.

The group.

Although the group was 28 (8 men & 20 women) there were no problems and everybody seemed to mix well.

Summary.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday.  If you require more information just ask.

Hi Roger,

I notice you say you're from Manchester. Did you fly Manchester?  Trip says from Stanstead.  So many trips seem to be from London only.  So infuriating.

Thanks

Anne

RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Anne,

I'm not from Manchester , if I was with my Avatar I'd have probably been lynched by now. Yes we did fly from Manchester, I see the trip in September is sold out so that maybe is why Manchester does not appear.

Regards,

Roger