intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everybody, just back from the Swiss Mountains Adventure.  Had a great time, saw amazing views, made a fondue, heard the alpenhorns and cowbells expertly played. Met some lovely people.

The views from the mountain tops were spectacular although I lost count of how many cable cars etc we used. Lunch in the 007 revolving restaurant was a great experience. 

The hotel was brilliant, food delicious, staff couldn't be more helpful. A dip in the swimming pool is a 'must do' even if you are not a swimmer there is something very relaxing, after a day on and off cable cars, to just relax on the loungers around the pool.

However, although I really did enjoy my adventure, please be warned that a certain degree of fitness is necessary.  On arrival the journey to the hotel involved 4 trains and a short walk which was challenging, particularly as we had to take our luggage with us.  The return journey is easier because the luggage goes separately and the journey is broken with a night  in Lucerne. The hotel there is good and well situated for visiting the famous wooden bridge and an excellant chocolate shop!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Intrepid,

I'm delighted you had a great time on your Swiss adventure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the wider Just You Community.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds like your saw some great views, chocolate shop how lovely...thank you for leaving a review..

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi many thanks for your review - it's over 20 years since I was in the Alps and I really want to return!  So glad you had a brilliant time!

Cheers,

Bob

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
I enjoyed reading your review. I have only been to Switzerland once and like you the views from the mountains are quite awesome.

Rae

SarahS
(Member)
I assume it was just your hand luggage you had to trundle to the hotel
intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SarahS' wrote:

I assume it was just your hand luggage you had to trundle to the hotel

No, sorry, it was all our luggage. However this was the first time this tour had run so maybe things will change.  On the return journey our luggage was taken from Wengen to Lucerne.

SarahS
(Member)
Virtually all JY tour advertise porterage at hotels included, but this is becoming a bit hit and miss. I've stayed in several European hotels where we took our own luggage to our rooms - not a problem when there is a lift,  and of course, it's  usual to transfer your own luggage to and from buses at airports.  However,  trundling large cases from bus to hotel is a bit much. On the few occasions I've stayed in JY hotels    with limited or restricted road access,  large suitcase has always been portered into the hotel.  Hopefully  this situation can be rectified for future tours.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Virtually all JY tour advertise porterage at hotels included, but this is becoming a bit hit and miss. I've stayed in several European hotels where we took our own luggage to our rooms - not a problem when there is a lift,  and of course, it's  usual to transfer your own luggage to and from buses at airports.  However,  trundling large cases from bus to hotel is a bit much. On the few occasions I've stayed in JY hotels    with limited or restricted road access,  large suitcase has always been portered into the hotel.  Hopefully  this situation can be rectified for future tours.

It used to say porterage included on the USA tours, I don't know if that's still the same..I can't remember what it says for European tours.

I have had to take my own luggage to room on European tours, Tuscany, Austria and Poland.

As there was NO lift on the Austrian tour they did offer to take luggage up 2 flights, most people took their own up.

Cindy

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Intrepid,

Thanks for the review - this is one of the holidays I keep looking at - sounds amazing but looks a little expensive. Would be interested to know if you thought it was good value for money?

Thanks

Kezzer

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kezzer

Switzerland is and has always been expensive, but the scenery and chocolates are worth it!

Jaya