NeilY
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello there - recently returned from the above holiday . Wow , what a great trip 😉 ! It's my 4th time on this JY trip and it just gets better & better each time , with new experiences . We had great weather , a good mix of fellow travellers , fabulous excursions seeing rural southern Italy at its best . All of this was mind blowing , but for me the cream on the cake was Jan Mckinley , our Tour Manager , who was superb throughout .

The hotel Approdo was terrific in all aspects as usual - my only thought here is that its ' Spa ' facility has very slightly impinged into the rest of the hotel . Notwithstanding , I would still recommend this hotel unreservedly . Excursions to Castellabate , Paestum , Salerno , Amalfi & Ravello were terrific . Unfortunately the optional excursion to Cilento National Park did not happen , as there were insufficient numbers wishing to go . The Elea Velia included trip had also to be cancelled due to the effects of forest fires in this tinder box climate . Never mind , great alternatives were  arranged, including a lovely visit to Aggropoli and also a seaside visit with a lunch to die for overlooking the sea .

If anyone wants to see unspoilt Italy and life as it really is , go on this holiday - it's well worth it . Finally , we found a couple of new ' hostelries ' in San Marco Castellabate for regular after dinner drinks / nibbles etc , which were very convivial and not at all expensive in my view ! Go on , go for it & book up - you will not be disappointed ! :cool:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi NeilY

I'm sorry to hear that there insufficient numbers for the optional trip to Cilento National Park to go ahead, but I'm absolutely delighted to hear that you had another wonderful trip to this destination.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for this great review - Cilento is definitely on my wishlist!  Sad to hear that the national park trip didn't happen but it is great to hear that another excursion was offered in its place - that is really good to know!

Cheers,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
Glad to hear you had such a great time again.  :)

Sorry to hear about the forest fires, but envious you got to Aggropoli.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Sounds like you had a great holiday.

Sad that you couldnt go to the National Park as if my memory serves me right it was a long but brilliant day.

We never went to Aggropoli though!

Mark

single scotty
(Member)
Defy anyone to go on this holiday & not enjoy it.   I agree that Jan was a wonderful tour guide.   However do not agree with comments about Spa - for me it is one of the main attractions.   Aggropoli was an interesting place to visit and we had a lovely local guide on that day - however  the small bus used for this trip was dreadful and myself and fellow travellers returned to hotel feeling queazy.    The only black mark on a super holiday.