ruthie65
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Ref yesterday's post about my holiday,how could I forget to talk about the friendships I made too.

There were 27 in our group which was quite a nice number.

It took me a good week to remember all their names! I certainly made some very special friends three in particular, but on the whole the group got on well,there were more women but that made no difference.

Please go on a Just You holiday you won't regret it.

grannyannie53
(Member)
HI

I have this on my list but am a bit concerned about getting laundry done as I hope to do New Zealand add on

Are there facilities anywhere along the route other than costly hotel services?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Grannyannie53,

Two of our tour managers have written some hints and tips for this tour that advise to only take 6-8 days worth of clothes:

https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-84287.html 

https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-84476.html 

While they are still considered hotel services, a number of the hotels have self-service laundry facilities - I don't have all the costs, but one example I have been given is $4 per load.

I hope this information helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have been on the NZ tour there are washing facility's (launderette) along the way but do take on board, they are far and few between, so you need to have washing to hand and make a dash to them as you will not be the only person trying to rinse a few things through, some have soap you can buy on site others didn't seem to have, so TBH I would buy a bottle of travel wash and rinse things through in your room and just drip dry I only ever got to do one wash and that was doubling up with another lady due to limited time. So although they say there are facility's it's very hard in practice. Unless things have changed for the better

Cindy

ruthie65
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'grannyannie53' wrote:

HI

I have this on my list but am a bit concerned about getting laundry done as I hope to do New Zealand add on

There are laundry facilities in all the hotels on the trip so no problems getting it done.

Hope that reassures you.

davidj
(Member)
'grannyannie53' wrote:

HI

I take mainly quick drying travel clothes and wash them out myself.

AbbaDave
(Member)
don't do what dopey me did, left my Liverpool football shirt out to dry off on my balcony rail in Cairns the day after our Great Barrier Reef day only to find it hundreds of feet down in some bushes when I returned to the hotel later that day, ho ho I managed to track it down though

you will Love Australia

Dave

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Don't worry, Dave, you're not alone. I left some socks drying on my hotel balcony in Pompeii. They were half way down the main street, passed the cathedral before I caught up with them.... 😃
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have read and printed the hints and tips of both tour managers (the ones Julia is referring to), but am going to wait till the final itinerary is received before deciding how much to take with me. The itinerary will give an idea of how much free time we will have in each place and if it was enough to do the laundry. Despite me not being a fan of ironing, especially whilst on holiday, there will be some things which may also need ironing unless I decide not to care too much about my appearance and wear wrinkly clothes! New Zealand will not be a problem for me, when I decide to do this trip, as it is not as long as the extended Australia trip in January.

Regards

Jaya