firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is there anyone who is considering this holiday? I would love to take the plunge but feel nervous since I have not taken a Just You holiday for a few years now. I am a single female traveller in the slightly older age group!
Jxwilliams
(Member)
'firedance21c' wrote:

Is there anyone who is considering this holiday? I would love to take the plunge but feel nervous since I have not taken a Just You holiday for a few years now. I am a single female traveller in the slightly older age group!

Hi 

I went on this holiday in November 2016 and it was brilliant. I'm in my late 60s and I was by no means the oldest of the group! As long as you're fairly mobile you'll be great. Just go with an open mind and be prepared for some different experiences, some of which will be absolutely amazing. I've only been home 5 weeks and so I'm still putting all my memories and experiences into some sort of context but i can honestly say it's a holiday that I wouldn't have missed for anything.

firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jxwilliams' wrote:

'firedance21c' wrote:

Hi 

I went on this holiday in November 2016 and it was brilliant. I'm in my late 60s and I was by no means the oldest of the group! As long as you're fairly mobile you'll be great. Just go with an open mind and be prepared for some different experiences, some of which will be absolutely amazing. I've only been home 5 weeks and so I'm still putting all my memories and experiences into some sort of context but i can honestly say it's a holiday that I wouldn't have missed for anything.

Thank you for your reassuring comments. Much appreciated. I am also in my 60s!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Firedance

All I would say is that if you really fancy this holiday then go ahead and take the plunge. Life is too short to be worrying about age. I have been on Just You holidays where some travellers have been in their late 70s and early 80s!

Kind regards

Jaya

firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Firedance

All I would say is that if you really fancy this holiday then go ahead and take the plunge.  Life is too short to be worrying about age.  I have been on Just You holidays where some travellers have been in their late 70s and early 80s!

Kind regards

Jaya

Thank you Jaya

LynnGr
(Member)
I am thinking about this one for October. In My 60s so maybe see you there.
firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LynnGr' wrote:

Thanks for replying Lynn. It's getting a bit too close for me for April now. I need time to get used to the idea! I would definitely be interested in October, probably 2nd. It would be easier for me to go ahead and book if I knew someone else beforehand who might be travelling on the same holiday ( either nerves or wimp - or both!). Look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Regards, Elaine.

di28
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm too am looking at that one and the Rural Assam by river for October, can't decide which at the moment. Also in my early 60's but having been on a few JY holidays I know age is not an issue and everyone just gets on. Di
firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'di28' wrote:

I'm too am looking at that one and the Rural Assam by river for October, can't decide which at the moment. Also in my early 60's but having been on a few JY holidays I know age is not an issue and everyone just gets on. Di

Good to hear from you Di.  I have more or less made my mind up now and am going to book for Spirit of India in October.  I've done a few JY holidays before but they were over 4 years ago. They were all in USA and I absolutely loved them. Now I am in a position to start again I feel like trying somewhere completely different but felt a bit nervous after the long break.  Hope to see you if you choose this one. 

Elaine.

CarolJ
(Member)
'firedance21c' wrote:

'di28' wrote:

Good to hear from you Di.  I have more or less made my mind up now and am going to book for Spirit of India in October.  I've done a few JY holidays before but they were over 4 years ago. They were all in USA and I absolutely loved them. Now I am in a position to start again I feel like trying somewhere completely different but felt a bit nervous after the long break.  Hope to see you if you choose this one. 

Elaine.

Hi

I have just returned from Spirit of India and words can't describe how fabulous this tour is. It's highlight after highlight. I did the Amritsar add on and what a wonderful place this is to visit. For me the Golden Temple surpassed the Taj Mahal and should be included in the Wonders of The World. The tour is fast paced with many many early starts but you get used to it. To experience the sunrise on the Ganges was absolutely amazing. There were 28 of us on the tour and Everyone was so friendly. I hope you are lucky enough to get Barbara as your Tour Manager as she is brilliant. Have a great holiday. This really is a fabulous tour and India is a wonderful country.

Willpower
(Member)
Hi

I did this tour in April 2016 in my late 60's and had an absolutely fabulous time. My group ranged from 23 up to one gentleman in his 80's. However we all got along so well that age never seemed to be an issue. As CarolJ says there are some early starts including 4am on the morning for sunrise on the Ganges UNMISSABLE ! !

People say that the highlight of India is the Taj Mahal. But it was Varanasi that has left me with the most lasting impression.

Don't ponder. Just do it. You won't regret it.

Jane232
(Member)
'firedance21c' wrote:

'LynnGr' wrote:

Thanks for replying Lynn. It's getting a bit too close for me for April now. I need time to get used to the idea! I would definitely be interested in October, probably 2nd. It would be easier for me to go ahead and book if I knew someone else beforehand who might be travelling on the same holiday ( either nerves or wimp - or both!). Look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Regards, Elaine.

I have just booked to go in November. Never been with Just You before but have done a few singles holidays some years ago. Just want to go to India and my adventurous friends have all been and seen the main sights. No idea what I am in for but reviews here look promising.

suejacob
(Member)
'firedance21c' wrote:

I am thinking of doing this holiday but in November, possibly October. I have never been on a Just You holiday before so also feel nervous about this. I too am in the older age group.

NewAdventures
(Member)
hi. just been reading the reviews, the tour sounds just like the holiday i'm after! I assume you get enough time to see the various individual sights (not just a quick flying visit). Thanks for posting review, helps us newbys!! regards Donna

'firedance21c' wrote:

Hi