katy1717
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia/Mildred

I'm on the Cuba trip leaving at the end of January.  Could you please let me know how many other travellers there are, M/F, age range and who the TM is?

Thanks.

Katy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Katy,

This tour is fully booked with 20 travellers. The group is made up of 2 men and 18 women with ages from late-40s through to early-80s.

The tour manager currently allocated to this tour is Leigh Britton.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Katy

I did this trip with Leigh as my TM in 2015. She is a brilliant guide and has spent many years on Cuba so really knows and loves the country. You will have a fabulous trip (and get used to drinking rum all day long as it is the same price as water!)

Sally

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally, really looking forward to this trip, everyone I know who has been to Cuba seems to love it. Glad to know we have a really knowledgeable TM. Think the only drawback will be internet access, sounds like it will be a real pain.

Katy

sallyc
(Member)
I resigned myself to two weeks offline and found it quite refreshing. Our Havana hotel was supposed to have had wifi but I could never get it to work! Of course I would hope since Oct 15 it should have slightly improved.
katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
"Slightly" improved, not comforting, can feel the withdrawal symptoms already. Trip Adviser info also pretty pessimistic, basically.
JoannaD
(Member)
Salsa,cigars&classic cars. Back from this fantastic trip two weeks ago today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Our guide Leigh was brilliant as were both the local guides we had. Very knowledgeable,helpful,friendly,professional and good fun-which made the whole experience truly memorable. Thank you to all involved. JoannaD.
JoannaD
(Member)
I enjoyed not having great wifi for the trip!! Had a great holiday. Our tour guide Leigh was brilliant-as were the local guides-very knowledgeable,friendly,helpful and professional. A fantastic trip to Cuba!!
DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JoannaD' wrote:

I enjoyed not having great wifi for the trip!! Had a great holiday. Our tour guide Leigh was brilliant-as were the local guides-very knowledgeable,friendly,helpful and professional. A fantastic trip to Cuba!!

Any tips or advice you can share, Joanna?  I'm doing this trip in a few weeks' time.

Dave