haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi returned from my first trip with JY,from the highlights of Peru with extension, and found the whole tour very pleasing with brilliant accommodation first class food and a fabulous itinerary. 

Not to mention a marvellous  crowd of fellow travellers. Everything was brilliant although machu pichu was unforgettable as was the Amazon extension. This has whetted my appetite for further trips with JY!

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi many thanks for your review - I'm hoping to do Peru over the next couple of years.  Did you or anyone else on the tour suffer with altitude sickness?

All the best,

Bob

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'IBGray' wrote:

Hi many thanks for your review - I'm hoping to do Peru over the next couple of years.  Did you or anyone else on the tour suffer with altitude sickness?

All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob

Yes there were unfortunately victims of high altitude sickness, one lady had to go to hospital , and the doctor was called out another time for others.

Derek

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the info, I think I'll talk to the doc about getting Diamox before I go to Peru which would hopefully stave off any symptoms.

All the best,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bob

alwats drink the cocoa tea when available, it's pretty much in every hotel lobby or breakfast room, that helps and take the Diamox with you as a precaution, the medical staff in Peru are exceptional and don't rush around, if you just take it at an easy pace hopefully you should be fine

best wishes

Dave

Grecos
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the info, I think I'll talk to the doc about getting Diamox before I go to Peru which would hopefully stave off any symptoms.

All the best,

Bob

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Bob