mrsd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

I've just come back from this, my first JustYou holiday. I was feeling nervous at times, despite the reassurances from this site, I've always found it difficult to mix socially so was prepared to be on the edge of the social side. I needn't have worried, everyone was so friendly, even with the mix of age groups and 26 women versus 5 men, no splits by age or gender at all.

The hotel was lovely although be prepared if you go in the warm weather as there is no air conditioning. There are fans available from reception should you need to cool down at nights as we did. The food was always very well prepared and hot, staff were were all very welcoming and the rooms comfortable. After a slight hiccup at the airport on arrival, all the arrangements went very smoothly during our stay. The scenery is stunning, no photos can truly do it justice, it is so spectacular. Some of us went between Heidi and Sound of Music moments so many times, depending on which country we were in. The excursions were all good with plenty of wandering time as well whilst out. My favourite one was the train ride from Tiefencastel to St Moritz although the trip to Bregenzerwald did come a close second. 

I would thoroughly recommend this holiday both for first timers and for anyone more experienced wondering where to go next.

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm so glad you enjoyed your first JY holiday, mrsd. I did this one two or three years back and thoroughly enjoyed it, too. The only problem I found was remembering where we had been when - a bit of a "if it's Tuesday it must be Brussels" moment! I do hope you continue to travel with JY - now that the new brochures are out (and looking at the website, too) there are some fascinating holidays to choose from.

Ann

Jellifer
(Member)
Hi mrsd, thanks for letting us know how you got on with your first trip. This is one I have on my to do list.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mrsd

Thanks for leaving a review, I am glad you had a great first holiday here's to many more

Cindy

mrsd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AnnF' wrote:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first JY holiday, mrsd.   I did this one two or three years back and thoroughly enjoyed it, too.   The only problem I found was remembering where we had been when - a bit of a "if it's Tuesday it must be Brussels" moment!   I do hope you continue to travel with JY - now that the new brochures are out (and looking at the website, too) there are some fascinating holidays to choose from.

Ann

I fully intend to book again next year. I did go to the same travel agent last week that I'd used before for my new brochure only to be told they're not available and to leave it at least another 2 weeks. I can look online but still prefer to sit down with a cup of tea & flick backwards & forwards between the pages looking at the choices

mrsd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jellifer' wrote:

Hi mrsd, thanks for letting us know how you got on with your first trip. This is one I have on my to do list.

Definite must for anyone. If I'm able to in years to come, I'm hoping to go back, it was such a lovely trip

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello mrsd,

I have done this trip in 2013. So much fun with all the different forms of travel. You had a good time by the sound of it. Great review.

Jan