Maureen G
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just returned from this trip.  It was my first time as a solo traveller, so a bit daunting.  There were 28 of us on the tour and a fair mix of ages, what a group, it was amazing to meet you all.

Onto the trip I was totally overwhelmed with the beauty of the area, I am already planning another trip.  My only criticism (constructive I hope) would be it was too short 10 days would have been better.  

Our Tour Manager Rob was brilliant and really informative, thank you for making the trip so enjoyable.

Maureen x

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maureen,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first trip as a solo traveller, I will forward your comments on to the wider JY team.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Maureen,

So glad you enjoyed your first trip. I find that travelling with a company like JY is fun and a safe way to travel too. Its so nice to be able to share the holiday with like minded people but still be able to take time out if you want to.

I also wish that JY would do more holidays of a 10 day length in Europe...

Kind Regards

Kezzer

SarahS
(Member)
I second that Kezzer. Perhaps on some of the more popular European holidays an optional two or three day add on could be offered.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kerry and Sarah,

I agree completely - some longer European tours would be great, especially if they involved another country/destination either included or as an add-on.  I'm sure there will be some new European destinations in the September brochure so I await with great anticipation!!

Cheers,

Bob

SusieB
(Member)
Hi Kerry, Sarah & Bob

I certainly agree wih you all.

I've recently come back from Andalucia's Golden Triangle trip and almost everyone was saying they wish it could have been 2 or 3 days longer. We really could have done with another day in Granada as apart from the Alhambra and a very poor tapas evening we had virtually no chance to see anymore of this seemingly lovely city. A final day or two of relaxation at the end in Mijas would have been very welcome too.

I hope JY will take note of the comments especially with regard to the newer tours which perhaps need a bit of a review.

Happy holidays to all

Sue

Warren
(Member)
Back to Maureen and Highlights of Tuscany !

Yes I agree an interesting holiday, with many informative outings and plenty of good descriptions from Rob our Tour manager, who had a wealth of experience gained over many years.

I have been on several JY tours and have done a lot of hotel hopping, it was nice for a change to be in one hotel for the duration. I was quite comfortable, but I know that some people were affected by disco noise, and rather compact rooms.  I enjoy the format of JY tours, there has always been a good mix of people which makes for a great holiday.  Yes I will be looking soon for my next little adventure.  To all the lovely people I met this time I hope you will find what you are looking for in life.    Warren

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Maureen G' wrote:

I've just returned from this trip.  It was my first time as a solo traveller, so a bit daunting.  There were 28 of us on the tour and a fair mix of ages, what a group, it was amazing to meet you all.

Onto the trip I was totally overwhelmed with the beauty of the area, I am already planning another trip.  My only criticism (constructive I hope) would be it was too short 10 days would have been better.  

Our Tour Manager Rob was brilliant and really informative, thank you for making the trip so enjoyable.

Maureen x

Hi Maureen

It was great to meet you on this trip. I hope to see you again! I also agree that the trip could have been 10 days...........a whole day in Sienna would have been nice and then we could maybe have had a trip to Volterra as well.

Just a quick review about the hotel. It is situated across from a good beach where you can rent sun loungers and swim safely. It is a 3* family run hotel and so I wasn't expecting luxury, especially after reading some reviews. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! The rooms were small but spotlessly clean and contained everything you need............you even get free WiFi in the rooms as well as communal spaces.They gave us clean towels daily which is more than larger hotels do. Luckily, having read reviews about noise from the front, I requested and was given a room at the rear of the hotel and was pleased I did. The funfair opposite starts at 9pm and is very noisy!!!!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The one thing that let down the hotel was the food. In a country renowned for its fresh fruit and veg we only had TINNED peaches, pineapple and prunes for breakfast every single day. There are only so many ways you can combine that with yogourt and by the end of 7 days I had had enough. To be fair there were croissants, cake and always scrambled egg and bacon, although I never tried the latter. There was also cold meat and cheese............left completely unrefrigerated so the cheese was sweating and heaven only knows what bacteria was multiplying on the meat. The evening meals were adequate, but only just. In fact one night 4 of us went to eat out at a restaurant just for a break from it. But that being said, the last night they put on an amazing evening for us, red roses at every place setting. Followed by a disco and it was a really good night. Well done to all the staff..............and it was the same staff every morning and night, boy did they work long hours.

I agree with Maureen that our tour rep Rob was very helpful and informative.

Would I recommend this holiday? Emphatically yes, but with a few tweaks.

Jools

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the reviews, it's so helpful to read what it's really like! I'm looking forward to my visit to Tuscany. I was just wondering, Jools, whether you requested a room at the rear when you arrived at reception, or whether you requested it earlier by email or 'phone? I definitely need a quieter room if possible!
Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Gwyn' wrote:

Thanks for the reviews, it's so helpful to read what it's really like! I'm looking forward to my visit to Tuscany. I was just wondering, Jools, whether you requested a room at the rear when you arrived at reception, or whether you requested it earlier by email or 'phone? I definitely need a quieter room if possible!

Hi Gwyn

I requested a room at the back of the hotel when I booked the holiday. I always check hotel reviews before booking any of the holidays and all the reviews of this hotel mentioned the noise from the front. I suggest you ring JY and put in a request before you travel out there. The hotel was full when we were there and I know someone who asked to be moved from the front was told there were no other rooms free.

Have a great holiday.

Jools

Bosuncat
(Member)
My advice for the hotel would be to request a quiet room if possible, as I did when I booked.  I was told then that they could not guarantee it, but my room was adequate, and not too noisy.  It was right at the end of the season when I went, but there was still noise from fireworks one night, and some noise from discos. 

Was your TM, Rob Hay?  He was my TM on the last trip I did to Cilento.  He's so good, really friendly and caring, as well as being very efficient.