NeilY
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello there - well ,what a sensational holiday ! My third time on this trip & it's better than ever ! Where to start ? The hotel Lapprodo is in a lovely setting and up to its usual high standard . We had a very mixed group of travellers with a wide age range . ( Hello Mandi , Denise , Keith & Ross  ) . I would like to think that everyone enjoyed the holiday as much as me . The Cilento area of Italy is a lovely unspoilt rural area - not too touristy and everything moves at a slow pace , or even slower ! The included & optional trips were terrific . Castellabate , Paestum & mozzarella tasting , Salerno , Elea  Velia ( brilliant lunch by the sea ) , Cilento national park , just highlight a few great days .

I met some really fun people and we had a good laugh whilst taking in all the culture mixed with a few ' bevvies ' ! I could go on  & on ...........but anyone considering going on this trip - book now - its well worth it ! Finally , in my humble view , no praise is too great for our Tour Manager , Jan McKinley . She was terrific and was very professional to a high standard - she goes ' the extra mile ' 10 out of 10 !  All the best everyone , Chris ( aka Neil Y ) .

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris,

I'm delighted to hear you had such a great time on your recent trip to the Cilento Coast. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on the community.

Kindest regard,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Glad you had such a great time again! :)

You have beat me now.  I shall have to go back.  😛

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Chris, thanks for writing a review. Glad to hear that the Cilento Coast is a good as ever. I have been once, before the Spa opened, and its on my wish list to return - but just haven't managed to find time as there are so many other places I want to go to.

Regards

Katy

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris

Thanks for the review.  I have looked at this holiday several times and it lost out to Sorrento, Amalfi and Capri this year.  However there is always next year!!!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chris

Thanks for the review. This holiday is on my list and hopefully it will not be too long before I can go. At t he moment I am concentrating on long haul destinations, but sooner or later I am going to need a short 'break'!

Jaya

SamanthaC
(Member)
Hi Chris (et al!)

Is there an excursion every day? I'm going in September (25th) and don't want to do all the excursions but would like to take the chance to meet up with an old friend in either Salerno or at Paestum. Will we know in advance on which days each excursion will take place and the itinerary?

Thanks

Sam

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sam

You usually get the full itinerary with your ticket usually 2 weeks before departure. This will give you an idea of what is on offer each day and then you can decide / choose which excursions (included and optional) you want to do.

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Sam.  I answered some of oyur questions on your other thread.
RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Glad you had a good time, Chris. It is such a lovely place for a holiday and very relaxing too. I loved the daily trip to the Spa where an hour passed much too quickly!

Rae

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'NeilY' wrote:

Hello there - well ,what a sensational holiday ! My third time on this trip & it's better than ever ! Where to start ? The hotel Lapprodo is in a lovely setting and up to its usual high standard . We had a very mixed group of travellers with a wide age range . ( Hello Mandi , Denise , Keith & Ross  ) . I would like to think that everyone enjoyed the holiday as much as me . The Cilento area of Italy is a lovely unspoilt rural area - not too touristy and everything moves at a slow pace , or even slower ! The included & optional trips were terrific . Castellabate , Paestum & mozzarella tasting , Salerno , Elea  Velia ( brilliant lunch by the sea ) , Cilento national park , just highlight a few great days .

I met some really fun people and we had a good laugh whilst taking in all the culture mixed with a few ' bevvies ' ! I could go on  & on ...........but anyone considering going on this trip - book now - its well worth it ! Finally , in my humble view , no praise is too great for our Tour Manager , Jan McKinley . She was terrific and was very professional to a high standard - she goes ' the extra mile ' 10 out of 10 !  All the best everyone , Chris ( aka Neil Y ) .

Hi NeilY

Thanks for the review. I did this tour a few years ago and agree with everything. 

To think that i booked this holiday reluctantly, having to swap from the Sicily tour and it ended up being fantastic!

Mark

JustMargaret
(Member)
'NeilY' wrote:

Well, I couldn't have put it better myself! I did this holiday the year before last and absolutely loved it. I would seriously consider doing it again. I believe the spa has been opened since my visit so there's another incentive. I loved the walk back along the beach from the little shopping area.