jayli
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I don't have anything significant to add to the comprehensive reviews already posted - which I can heartily endorse - but I thought that those interested in this tour might like to see some photos, so I have uploaded a random but, I hope, representative selection, focused mainly on the wildlife:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskBWyqC8 

Those with a reasonable Internet bandwidth can most conveniently watch this as a slideshow (leftmost icon, top right).

Borneo and Singapore are a photographers' paradise, so this is only a tiny selection: the photos are however  in chronological order so it should be possible to correlate them roughly with the day-by-day accounts provided by Jaya and AbbaDave. If/when time permits, I'll try to provide a fully annotated slideshow suitable for burning to a DVD.

Jim

PS - the climate presented no operational problems for my cameras (a Nikon DSLR and a Panasonic TZ "travel compact") other than an occasional temporary misting of the lenses during periods of very high humidity - no worse than, say, in the butterfly house of a UK zoo.

ShelleyB
(Member)
'jayli' wrote:

I don't have anything significant to add to the comprehensive reviews already posted - which I can heartily endorse - but I thought that those interested in this tour might like to see some photos, so I have uploaded a random but, I hope, representative selection, focused mainly on the wildlife:

Those with a reasonable Internet bandwidth can most conveniently watch this as a slideshow (leftmost icon, top right).

Borneo and Singapore are a photographers' paradise, so this is only a tiny selection: the photos are however  in chronological order so it should be possible to correlate them roughly with the day-by-day accounts provided by Jaya and AbbaDave. If/when time permits, I'll try to provide a fully annotated slideshow suitable for burning to a DVD.

Jim

PS - the climate presented no operational problems for my cameras (a Nikon DSLR and a Panasonic TZ "travel compact") other than an occasional temporary misting of the lenses during periods of very high humidity - no worse than, say, in the butterfly house of a UK zoo.

Wow, these are stunning!  I'm on next weeks departure.  Thanks for posting these.  Even more excited now(if that's possible!)

Michelle

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for sharing some of your pictures. They are fabulous and give us a real flavour for this holiday.

Kerry

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you so much for sharing Jim.  They are stunning and I am very jealous of all the sights and experiences you had on this tour.
AbbaDave
(Member)
Thank you for posting these Jim they are outstanding so much better than some of mine, was great to meet you and all the others, I think our group easily matched if not bettered the group I travelled to Australia with JY in 2013 and that's a huge compliment to all I had the pleasure of travelling to Borneo & Singapore with, May 2016

hopefully i'll catch a few of you on future JY Tours

all the best

Dave

Julie White
(Member)
Thank you Jim,

Excellent photo's.

Regards Julie

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

Super photos Jim, but not somewhere on my wish list yet!

Regards

Sylvia

lesley07
(Member)
Really enjoyed your photos. Thanks for posting them.

Lesley

Jellifer
(Member)
Fantastic photos - thanks for sharing!
LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
'jayli' wrote:

Jim

Your photos are amazing Jim, they're much better than mine though I did get some really good ones of the tigers!

Thanks for sharing them.

Lynda

AbbaDave
(Member)
Lynda, the Tigers were easy they didn't move very fast lol, I shall forward a few of my shots when I return from france, all the best Dave
ChrissieJ
(Member)
off tomorrow and really excited. Just wondering (a bit late) should I get cash out before I go or is it best to use the ATMs out there can anyone advise?

Kind regards

Chrissiej

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Lynda, the Tigers were easy they didn't move very fast lol, I shall forward a few of my shots when I return from france,  all the best  Dave

You are right Dave, if only the monkeys were that slow! Many thanks to you, Bob and Jaya for your great reviews of an amazing holiday. I'm trying to decide where to go with JY later in the year.

Have a good time in France.

Best wishes

Lynda

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Chrissie,

I brought cash to change but also used ATMs in Borneo and Singapore without any difficulty.  The rate in the hotels wasn't great but there were exchange offices nearby.

Have a great trip,

Bob

brownowl
(Member)
What fantastic photos. Thank you so much for sharing them. So glad you all had a fantastic holiday.
smudger1
(Member)
can we download any of these photos? they are brilliant. Would love to have a rolling screensaver and countdown to my holiday there in november
jayli
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'smudger1' wrote:

can we download any of these photos? they are brilliant. Would love to have a rolling screensaver and countdown to my holiday there in November

There is a download facility for each photo, and I have no objection. A rolling screensaver and countdown sounds like a good idea

Jim

jayli
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Thank you for posting these Jim they are outstanding so much better than some of mine, was great to meet you and all the others, I think our group easily matched if not bettered the group I travelled to Australia with JY in 2013 and that's a huge compliment to all I had the pleasure of travelling to Borneo & Singapore with, May 2016

Hopefully I'll catch a few of you on future JY Tours

all the best

Dave

Hello Dave

Yes, it was a good group and we all had a wonderful time.

As you know, this was my first tour with JY, and I shall certainly be coming back for more - probably the "Roof of the World" trip next September (for preference) or October, when I have cleared some space beforehand for the Chinese visa and Tibet travel permit.

I hope to meet up with you and our fellow travellers there or somewhere equally interesting in the future!

Hope all goes well in France

Jim

jayli
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

Lynda, the Tigers were easy they didn't move very fast lol, I shall forward a few of my shots when I return from france,  all the best  Dave

You are right Dave, if only the monkeys were that slow! Many thanks to you, Bob and Jaya for your great reviews of an amazing holiday. I'm trying to decide where to go with JY later in the year.

Have a good time in France.

Best wishes

Lynda

Well, the orang-utans and the proboscis monkeys were mostly stationary, occasionally jumping or swinging very gracefully from branch to branch, so they were fairly easy to photograph - but the macaques could move like greased lightning as soon as they spotted an opportunity to steal our food during the jungle breakfasts (Dave: did you manage to eat any toast?:-))!

smudger1
(Member)
'jayli' wrote:

'smudger1' wrote:

can we download any of these photos? they are brilliant. Would love to have a rolling screensaver and countdown to my holiday there in November

There is a download facility for each photo, and I have no objection. A rolling screensaver and countdown sounds like a good idea

Jim

Hi Jim

Ive just tried this. It says the user has disabled the download facility. Do I have to be a member of yahoo/flickr to do the download or is there a permissions issue?

Kind Regards

Ian