RUSSELL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Finally got round to making some comments on this wonderful trip.Back a few weeks now and wishing I was still there. The trip was made very special because of the contribution of our wonderful tour manager Stephen Rodaway (travelled with him on the heart and soul trip in November 2014) and Chris our superb driver. My fellow travellers were a special bunch too. A great itinery meant we saw so much interesting stuff in a relatively short period of time .Highlights  (too many to mention) included the vibrant Nashville, moonshine tasting in Gatlinburg, visits to the Hermitage and Monticello, Jamestown (a delight), a visit to an Amish settlement, finishing off in DC and Philadelphia.Looking at the brochure I don't think its in for next year. I believe there are two trips in the autumn which I can highly recommend. Looking forward to my next just you in September to the states, three great options are driving me crazy in a good way. Regards. Russell Kerfoot
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Russell,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip across the pond.

I'll forward your comments on to the wider JY team.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Russell

Glad you had a great tour, I did a similar one a few years ago, thanks for leaving a review

Cindy.

fleurbyfleur
(Member)
'RUSSELL' wrote:

Finally got round to making some comments on this wonderful trip.Back a few weeks now and wishing I was still there. The trip was made very special because of the contribution of our wonderful tour manager Stephen Rodaway (travelled with him on the heart and soul trip in November 2014) and Chris our superb driver. My fellow travellers were a special bunch too. A great itinery meant we saw so much interesting stuff in a relatively short period of time .Highlights  (too many to mention) included the vibrant Nashville, moonshine tasting in Gatlinburg, visits to the Hermitage and Monticello, Jamestown (a delight), a visit to an Amish settlement, finishing off in DC and Philadelphia.Looking at the brochure I don't think its in for next year. I believe there are two trips in the autumn which I can highly recommend. Looking forward to my next just you in September to the states, three great options are driving me crazy in a good way. Regards. Russell Kerfoot

Not in the brochure for next year?!

This was on my list for Spring 2017

:s How many were in your group, Russell?  Why is this tour axed, Julia?

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Glad you had a nice time. Stephen was our tour manager in Kerala and he is brilliant.

Jaya

RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Russell

Glad you had a great tour, I did a similar one a few years ago, thanks for leaving a review

Cindy.

Hi Cindy.Thank you. Yes it was fabulous.Deciding now on maybe another north American one in early September, decisions, decisions. Russell

RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

Glad you had a nice time.  Stephen was our tour manager in Kerala and  he is brilliant.

Jaya

Yes Jaya he was fabulous. Russell

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
FleurbyFleur,

So, I have managed to speak tot he relevant holiday creator who has advised that this tour is being rested at the end of 2016. However, if East Coast USA is a destination you are tempted by, you may be interested in our next brochure.......

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RUSSELL' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Russell

Cindy.

Hi Cindy.Thank you. Yes it was fabulous.Deciding now on maybe another north American one in early September, decisions, decisions. Russell

I have done many USA tours over the years with JY...

Boston New England and New York

Canada New England plus New York add on 

Nashville and Memphis

Florida

East Coast Liner

I can recommend all of these as tours worth going on...

All have been great for different reasons, I love civil war history and Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement, 

Cindy

RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'fleurbyfleur' wrote:

'RUSSELL' wrote:

Not in the brochure for next year?!

This was on my list for Spring 2017

:s How many were in your group, Russell?  Why is this tour axed, Julia?

RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fleurbyfleur. Yes there were around 23 on the tour, a very nice number. I think the tour is just being rested for 2017, hope something including many of the elements will be retained in a future tour, loved every minute. Russell
RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

'RUSSELL' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Russell

Cindy.

I have done many USA tours over the years with JY...

Boston New England and New York

Canada New England plus New York add on 

Nashville and Memphis

Florida

East Coast Liner

I can recommend all of these as tours worth going on...

All have been great for different reasons, I love civil war history and Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement, 

Cindy

RUSSELL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy. Have done several of the ones you mention, one actually twice already. More than happy to repeat a trip again as there is always something different to see. Love San Francisco, Vegas, Chicago and New Orleans, so may do one of these in September. The Florida one would be completely new, so quite tempted. The San Francisco one that includes Yosemite,( keen to see this National park) may be on the agenda for 2017. Happy travels. Russell Kerfoot.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not axed... just rested. We have a habit of resting tours for a year or two - it doesn't mean it's gone for good, just that it isn't being included in the programme for next year.

For example... both Russia and Borneo are tours that operated a number of years ago and have had departures this year after they were rested.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Rip Van Leech
(Member)
I believe the reason this tour is being 'rested' is because of problems in the USA with connecting flights to Nashville. At one time it went via Atlanta now it goes via Detroit.