pbulley1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
🙂 A brilliant weekend. The travelling went smoothly and our guide, Lynne, was excellent. The excursions to Ghent, Ypres and Bruges were well managed and Lynne provided us with plenty of background information on the towns we were visiting and ensured we knew how to get back to our drop-off points and where to go for coffee etc. All three towns, and Lille, are beautiful and quite compact to explore. Our hotel was clean and modern with an amazing selection for breakfast and a truly comfortable bed. I met some extremely nice people and the group mixed easily. The only minor downside was the behaviour of one of the group but that was not the fault of just you and the situation was handled efficiently and discreetly by Lynne. I would definitely use just you again.
(Member)
Hi pbulley1,

Thank you for your review, I will pass this on to the relevant teams here at JYHQ.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Teresa2013
(Member)
Hello pbulley1,

Thank you for the great review.  I am doing this trip in July so I is good to hear from someone that has recently been.  I have not booked the optional trips yet but was considering the one to Ghent.  Will I still have plenty of time to look around Lille if I do the optional trip?  I will do the Bruges trip as well as don't want to miss that one!

Many thanks

Teresa

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Pbulley,

Thanks for taking the trouble to write a review...I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Kezzer

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks for your review, and I'm glad that everything went well, and you had a good time.

I did part of this weekend when I did the Battlefields Tour last year, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.  I'm presuming you stayed in the Novotel in Lille?  Nice hotel and friendly staff, and a BIG bonus having tea/coffee making facilities in the room.  🙂

MellyCarr
(Member)
'pbulley1' wrote:

:) A brilliant weekend. The travelling went smoothly and our guide, Lynne, was excellent. The excursions to Ghent, Ypres and Bruges were well managed and Lynne provided us with plenty of background information on the towns we were visiting and ensured we knew how to get back to our drop-off points and where to go for coffee etc. All three towns, and Lille, are beautiful and quite compact to explore. Our hotel was clean and modern with an amazing selection for breakfast and a truly comfortable bed. I met some extremely nice people and the group mixed easily. The only minor downside was the behaviour of one of the group but that was not the fault of just you and the situation was handled efficiently and discreetly by Lynne. I would definitely use just you again.

I totally agree, it was a great weekend. It was my first time travelling with Just You and Lynne was really supportive and helpful to anyone who was a little bit nervous. Any disruptions were very well handled so all the excursions ran smoothly. I would recommend the optional trips to Ghent and Ypres as I enjoyed both very much and still had time to look around Lille on the first evening & final morning. The hotel beds were very comfortable and the rooms a very good size. I was lucky to travel with a very lovely group, with only one exception, so I was never left feeling that I didn't have anyone to talk to whilst also knowing that if I wanted to break out on my own I was able to do so and meet up with others later. I will definitely be booking another holiday with Just You.  🙂

pbulley1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Teresa2013' wrote:

Hello pbulley1,

Thank you for the great review.  I am doing this trip in July so I is good to hear from someone that has recently been.  I have not booked the optional trips yet but was considering the one to Ghent.  Will I still have plenty of time to look around Lille if I do the optional trip?  I will do the Bruges trip as well as don't want to miss that one!

Many thanks

Teresa

Hi Teresa.

We had the whole Monday morning to get to know Lille and we also went into the centre of town with our leader who showed us the best spots to eat etc. on the Friday evening. The city bus tour takes 45 minutes and is a good way to see the wider city. We managed to get a reduced ticket price by buying as a group. The centre of Lille is easy to explore in an hour or two although we had no time for museums. I really would recommend Ghent though. It's gorgeous.