tashw
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All,

Just a quick review of a truly wonderful trip.

Day 1 - We departed London for Brussels, where we had a coach waiting to take us to Cologne. This gave us time to get to know each other, have a wander around the awesome Maritim hotel, and time to check out the Christmas markets before a late dinner.

Day 2 - After a hearty buffet breakfast, with a huge variety of hot and cold food, we set off on a coach and walking tour of Cologne. We then broke off into groups for lunch and had the whole afternoon and evening free for lots of Christmas shopping and Gluewine/ Kolsch beer tasting.

Day 3 - After another awesome breakfast, we were back on the coach for a day coach/ walking trip to Kobblenz and an afternoon of wine tasting. This evening some people chose to do the paid for evening meal, and others

went out for a final stroll and dinner at the Markets or nearby restaurants.

Day 4 - After our last breakfast at the Maritim, we headed back to Brussels and back to London

Many thanks to Sharon Henry for being a great Tour Manager. She was always on hand to offer advice and never let anyone feel left out. She was also very knowledgeable and so very much fun!

All in all a really magical trip, and one that I will be repeating next year.

Natasha

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Natasha,

Many thanks for the great overview of this trip. I had not thought of doing a Christmas markets trip, but reading your review I'm re-thinking that. Especially as the hotel and the food options seem to add a lot. I've stayed at a Maritim hotel before (in Berlin) and it was excellent so this is obviously a bonus.

Will think about this one for next year.

Katy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Natasha, sounds like a great tour and glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers,

Bob

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
sounds like you had a really good time, making me think to do this next year for Christmas shopping! rather then go to the local town which sells the same stuff at every shop. hee hee. and of course the wine tasting!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Oh yes, wine tasting is always a plus!!

Cheers,

Bob

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Natasha,

Think I might be doing this Christmas Market next year. Sounds wonderful and I have always wanted to see Cologne. Went past it in 1981, never stopped as we had to get to Koblenz for our hotel.

Jan