Lindsay04
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was a good trip in the main, but there were a few bits that were not so good.

Good things

Top marks for the Tour Manager and Local Tour guide. They both did a really good job.

The best part of the trip was the Bear reservation, I wish we could have stayed there a lot longer.

Bran castle was another good trip. We had a great talk by Peter and had time after the castle to have lunch and shop in the market.

We had a wonderful talk from a local priest in the oldest schoolroom in Romania. He was a real character.

Hotels were all of a good standard, my room by the Black Sea even had a balcony. Not all had tea and coffee making facilities though.

Food on the whole was good, with European style breakfasts.

The Danube cruise was good, though a lot of the wildlife had migrated, and the Ukraine border was fascinating.

Not so good things

There was a lot of time spent on the coach. On a couple of occasions we left one hotel at 8 am and didn't get to the next until almost 7 pm. The "comfort breaks" were mainly in petrol stations where there were only 1 or 2 female toilets. So we spent a lot of time queuing up!

One day we visited a village with a few churches. There were a lot steps to get to the village, and all the churches had a load of stairs too. By the time we got tot he last one (which had 175 steps to get to it) a few of us decided we couldn't be bothered and went for a coffee instead.

We had a few medical problems. One lady falling down stairs, one gentleman fell in the shower and he had a suspected broken arm and 2 of us got food poisoning!

Romania is a lovely country and the people were really nice. I am glad I went, but wish there had been fewer steps and less time spent in the coach.

Lindsay

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi many thanks for your review, I'm strongly thinking of booking this tour for next year so your comments are very helpful. Obviously I wasn't on your tour so I don't know for sure but I suspect it wasn't food poisoning that affected a couple of the party, rather "holiday tummy" which can affect anyone travelling abroad due to different bacteria to what our systems are used to.

Best wishes,

Bob

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for your review. Sounds like all in all it was a great holiday.

Romania is on my hit list, so I guess I best get started on practicing walking up so many stairs!!

Kind Regards

Kezzer

Julie White
(Member)
Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for the review. Sounds like most of the trip was good.

Regards Julie